Chicago HD Locals - WGN?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Will HD locals only include NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, or will I also get WGN in HD since that is one of my local channels?

As far as I know but this is subject to change.. Only the big 4... An off air ant will be required for everything else.. but the remaining will not be hard to get as its in the uhf range. WGN and UPN are the best out there...

I heard only the "Big 4" networks mentioned, nothing about any other channels.

Goaliebob99, are you getting CBS-HD via Dish now? I wonder if Dish will switch you over to WBBM-DT?

Last edited:
yes im getting cbs hd from dish... Sure they will.. I would wrather have wbbm anyhow for the sunday football games.. I cant get cbs via ota.. everyone in chicago knows how sh!tty they are to get in.. The big 4 is fine with me as i can easly get in wgn, upn and WCIU when they go hd in the spring with an ota antenna just fine.. 100 % pegged on my 942.. There the easyones to get too :)

Ugh I don't see the point of WGN for the most part, with HD that is. Sorry I just get bitter with these stations that are HD ready but just broadcasting in digital for the most part. We have a station called KMCI 38 that only broadcasts programs in 480i to my knowledge, just digital signal. It's a worthless channel to carry for HD and I'd chew out Dish if they picked the POS up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts