Chicago to Apply 9% 'Netflix Tax

I had to live in Chicago due to mandatory residency as a Chicago police officer. I moved out after retirement. The problem with the city council is that they are afraid to raise property taxes. What they are doing is taxing everything else they can think of. Buying a new car will cost you 9.25%. Parking,cable, entertainment taxes, god knows what else I forgot. If you make a purchase in the downtown area the sales tax goes up to 10%.

Would the tax be assessed by the billing address for the credit card on file or via the Chicago ISP reporting Netflix viewing?

If by ISP, I see issues with guest viewing. If by address, I predict many gray market "out of area" address subscriptions on the horizon if this starts a trend.

Would the tax be assessed by the billing address for the credit card on file or via the Chicago ISP reporting Netflix viewing?

If by ISP, I see issues with guest viewing. If by address, I predict many gray market "out of area" address subscriptions on the horizon if this starts a trend.

Living in New Hampshire in awesome :devilish

Yesterday the Cook county board raised the sales tax effective 1 Jan. by one percent. Chicago sales tax is now 10.5% this highest in the nation.

Future streaming of local/distant channels

Fox and Sling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts