Chicagoland U-verse Deal Killer

paja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Orland Park, IL
In what may be the downfall of the promising U-verse in the Chicago area, last nights blackout of the Blackhawks game on Comcast Sports Net could be a deal killer. Many of us newer U-verse customers sat down to watch the first Blackhawks home telecast last night on the Comcast Sports Net channel741 on this system. When it came time for the start of the game, the screen went blank. Calls to cs provided the following: AT&T does not have rights to carry the Hawks or the Bulls and the csr told me according to his schedule, the next home Hawks gaame is listed as a blackout as well as the first two Bulls home games. What gives??? My neighbor has DirecTv and his Comcast SN channel wasn't blacked out.

Scott, is there anyway you could look into this?? The csr's seemed clueless. I know this. If AT&T wants to be a serious player in the Chicagoland region, they better get Chicago sports. This will be a deal killer for me. I'll give them a few months to get this sorted out mainly because everything alse about the service, especially the all home hd dvr are great.

I also would be furious! The deal killer for me with them is that they do not even offer Comcast Sportsnet HD! I watched some of the Hawks game in HD last night on CSN, but really need it for the other teams.

*UPDATE* There was a flurry of activity concerning this problem on the AT&T U-Talk message board. Many customers burned up phone lines and e-mail addresses today. One of the posters got through to an official with the Blackhawks. This was a total mess caused by AT&T as the game should not have been blacked out . He was told steps have been taken to prevent any problems like this in the future. Tonights BULLS game , which I was told by a csr last night was also scheduled to be blacked out, IS ON TONIGHT. Hopefully, problems solved.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts