Child friendly Lineup??

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I know this may seem like a dumb question ,But I was wondering if there was a Child friendly dish network channel lineup card or even a printout. For my daughter who is new to watching Dish,and is only 5 and can't read all that well yet to find her favorite channels on her own.Something where they show the channel symbol and number next to it . At least then she can look and learn ,without someone telling her just the number. Any help would good.

I know this may seem like a dumb question ,But I was wondering if there was a Child friendly dish network channel lineup card or even a printout. For my daughter who is new to watching Dish,and is only 5 and can't read all that well yet to find her favorite channels on her own.Something where they show the channel symbol and number next to it . At least then she can look and learn ,without someone telling her just the number. Any help would good.

I would just create a favorite lists with her channels in it. That's what I do with my daughter and she finds her channels easily. You'll have to show her how to change to the different lists.

did the same thing... made her name as a fav list and added all the disney and nick plus pbs and animal planet....and all she does now is press on the guide button till she sees her name and presto shes watching her toons and shows.... p.s. the fav list also goes by colors.. so if she cant read her name guess she can just look a the clolors to find her lineup... thats what i did..
this is for dish.. dont know about dtv

did the same thing... made her name as a fav list and added all the disney and nick plus pbs and animal planet....and all she does now is press on the guide button till she sees her name and presto shes watching her toons and shows.... p.s. the fav list also goes by colors.. so if she cant read her name guess she can just look a the clolors to find her lineup... thats what i did..
Directv isn't kid friendly. They have 2 Favorites lists for the entire receiver. I downgraded big time of my D* service. So I took it out of her room. This is the first time she has had E* in her room.D* was getting way to expensive. So dropped just about everything.Untill I see a bill less then $100,I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Guess what color my daughter wanted? ...... Pink.

Favorites lists are one way, another way is to go to the locks feature and block all the channels (which is what I end up doing to the PPV channels anyway).

Keep in mind even "kid friendly" channels can't always be trusted to do the right thing, the best way to know what they're watching is to watch it yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)