China Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Anik F3/Echostar 7/DirecTV 7S are all the same satellite. Each name refers to a different set of transponders (TPs) on that satellite. The link I gave shows everything on 119W, regardless if it's from Anik F3, Echostar 7, or DirecTV 7S. I am assuming this from the observation that I don't see how 3 satellites could occupy the same location simultaneously.

oh yes there is....well actually its 2 satellites at 119 and one at 118.7

AnikF3 is at 118.7. Its circular polarity but KU Band (11.7-12.2)
Echo 7 is the satellite for Dish. Its circular polarity and Dish only has 21 TP's on it (1-21)
DirecTV 7 is D*'s satellite that uses form 22-32

As long as the transponders dont overlap you can have multiple satellites at a location

examples
-61.5 has Echo 3 & Rainbow 1 (now E12)....when Voom was at 61.5 both Voom & Dish had their own specific TP's to use...now both sats are Dish's
-72W has AMC6 & Echo 6. Throw in Directv's sat at 72.5 too. Dish uses the odd transponders, DirecTV the evens
-91W has G17, Nimiq 1 & Nimiq 2 or 3 (I forget)...the TP's on Nimiq's are split
-101 has AMC4 & DirecTV...different bands (KU & DBS)
-110 has Dish Network & DIrecTV there. Dish uses 29 TP's (1-27,29,31) and D* has 28, 30, 32
-129 has G27 & Ciel II...different bands
-148 had Echo 1 & 2 before E2 blew up. E1 had odds and E2 had evens

Nice. So, physically speaking, how does two satellites in the same location work? It seems like one would block the other signal, or they would hit each other.

Some one just told me i need a Dish 500 from Dishnetwork,
Which has a device called an LNB that will
receive signals from those 2 satellites.
When i order it i can get least over 17 chinese channels,
If i pay little more over 24 channels im sure,

The LNBF is the device that hangs out in front of the dish.
(Low-noise block converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And your friend is correct. Dish Network LNBs are designed so that they receive circularly polarized signals. The normal FTA stuff on the Ku band are linearly polarized, so you need a LNB that is designed to receive a linearly polarized signal.

Here is a simple explanation: http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/52968-what-linear-circular-polarization.html

A Dish 500 is actually made with 2 LNBs to receive signals from 119W and 110W.

Yep so once my cable tv contract is up,
I will be moving over to Dishnetwork,
I nearly went with Direct tv,
But there chinese line up is so small,
Around 8 channels for $20 i think,

Nice. So, physically speaking, how does two satellites in the same location work? It seems like one would block the other signal, or they would hit each other.

since they are up 22000 miles they are right next to each other or in the vicinity. Once the signals get down to earth the "gap" is minimal

As long as the different satellites dont use the same transponders thats all that matters

DBS uses fixed transponders so there really isnt nothing to worry about. Also Directv uses their own setup (DSS) versus Dish's DVB.

Chineselover,

You will need a Dish 500+ It comes with 3 LNBFs that will get you signal from 110,119,118.7

International channels are on 118.7.

If you are not going to subscribe to the regular dish network channels, but only the international, then you don't need a switch to hookup the dish. Connect directly to the 118.7 output.

As a new subscriber, you qualify for a lease on a new receiver, dish, and installation for an up front fee of $99. There is a 24 months commitment and your fee will be refunded on your bill. Without the 24 months contract, you will not get the $99 back.

Thanks for the good info,
Will the dish 500 do it all,
I want the Classic Gold 250 with the GREAT WALL TV PACKAGE,
How big is the dish 500 to a reg dishnetwork dish,

Dish 500+ is 23.8”h x 30.9"w dish (according to Sadoun link)
Dish 500 is 22x20 or real close

The width is due to the 118.7 satellite. Its lower powered than the 110/119 sats so you need a little bigger dish

So when i call dishnetwork to sign up,
I need to make sure and tell them i need a dish 500+ right,
Because only chinese channels will work on it,
Thanks,

Well, if you tell them you want a package with international channels they should know what equipment you need to receive them.

You might want to go through a retailer as they have some deals

I know the dishstore has some going on. They are a sponser at the top of the page

I will be sure to check out the dishstore,
Compare them to dishbeatscable, Home
Which ads are on local espn radio show here,
Thanks for all the help,

I can recommend DishStore, from previous dealings with Claude, over there. - :cool:

I don't know Sadoun's involvement with Dish Network, but most of us have bought from him, too.
So, give a ring and see if he can help you out.

Both are Gold Sponsors with the forum, and I would stand up for either! - :up

I don't know Sadoun's involvement with Dish Network, but most of us have bought from him, too.
So, give a ring and see if he can help you out.

Both are Gold Sponsors with the forum, and I would stand up for either! - :up

Thanks Anole for your good words. Yes, indeed we are an authorized Dish Network dealer and will be happy to be of service to anyone interested in Dish Network service or equipment.

If i choose to use DishStore or Sadoun's,
Who do they use to install in Dallas,tx area,
Just wondering is all,
When we bought this house we still have a old direct tv dish installed on the roof,
I forget to mention that,lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)