China's New Straddling Bus. This is neat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
[FONT=&amp]This is a very clever road space saving design, but I am not sure about the lane changing aspect when your car is under this behemoth -- see what you think.[/FONT]

This is truly amazing and clever technology.

[FONT=&amp]China's New Straddling Bus[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Concept![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Completely powered by solar energy. Only in China[/FONT]!

Incredible way of future transportation-Straddling Bus(3D bus)

It doesn't change lanes. Looks like it'll be more expensive than trolleys. And WHEN there's an accident, no other buses can get by, and it will take one huge monster to remove it or put it back on the tracks.

I wish them luck with the wheel hub motors. Get that right on that scale and it'll help electric autos.

Nice concept, but I can't see it ever hitting the streets. Might be better just to put in an elevated train system. Gee, how well did THAT work out?......

Notice when it went around a curve, it actually bent? They didn't bother to show the cars articulate, they just had the whole thing bend!

Notice when it went around a curve, it actually bent? They didn't bother to show the cars articulate, they just had the whole thing bend!
It runs in/on tracks. Trains can go around curves.... This is a computer animation of the concept.

As soon as I saw the bridge "solution", I thought, nope, not how we'd do it here in America !! We'd tear the existing bridge out and make it higher ! Costs more that way !

Look at the action on the curve. It shows each "car" turning from a straight rectangle into a curved one. An impossibility. Look about 2:10 to 2:20 in the clip, and below.

In the pics on the left and right, once clicked to make them large enough to see, we can see the last car clearly is bending. Middle pic gives an overhead view. Perhaps better seen in video.

Straddle bus 1.pngStraddle bus 2.pngStraddle bus 3.png
Just funny. They spared some expense in producing this little video.

Yeah, because of the rails, I'd call this a train and not a bus.

Look at the action on the curve. It shows each "car" turning from a straight rectangle into a curved one. An impossibility.

Well, it's not impossible, but seems very unlikely and I think you are right that they made a cheap video of the concept.

Ideally, it looks cool and all but I can see some major problems with it already. What's going to happen when you get that one idiot who doesn't pay attention to the height restriction? Also in that video it was turning while other cars were meant to be going straight. I can see a car plowing into it, or not paying attention to the road once it finally moved and getting hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)