Choosing the correct antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steveandtracy7

Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I live in Ocala, Florida zip code 34476. I am trying to understand www.antennaweb.org but I really don't fully understand what sort of antenna I need to purchase. I would like to get my local channels, Fox, ABC and CBS in HD. Can someone explain to me what antenna I need to purchase and the best place to mount the antenna. Thanks very much whoever can give me advice.
Steve

Last edited:
I noticed you don't have an NBC. WESH-DT broadcasts on channel 11 and is 55 miles from your zip code. If you want to try to receive it, get the Delhi 10Y11S ( http://www.starkelectronic.com/vhf.htm ), which a 10-element Yagi cut for Channel 11.

The Channel Master 7777 pre-amp has a split input option (separate VHF and UHF input). Point your UHF antenna at 344 degrees, and point your channel 11 antenna at 104 degrees.

If everything is mounted outside and high enough, I think you can get NBC from Daytona Beach, but it may drop out on occasion.

Rick is correct about the 91XG doing much better on the higher channels. I originally had the Channel Master 4228 and experienced a lot of drop-outs on DT channels 39 and 43 (ABC & UPN in Atlanta) from multi-path. Switching to the 91XG made a huge improvement (drop-outs are now rare).

I could see no difference between the two below channel 36. For the money, you can't beat the Channel Master 4228 (I put it on my in-laws house and it works great for them). But I found the 91XG provided more reliable reception for my situation.

The Ocala DT channel numbers are low enough that the 4228 may work just fine. If you have multi-path, I still think the 91XG will work at least a little better ("a little better" may, or may not, be worth the extra money).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)