Christian Sports Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

parkers3

Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I am a SkyAngel subscriber, and I am very excited about the amount of sports programming that is beginning to be added to several channel line-ups. What are the chances of there being a "Christian Sports Channel"? With the large number of Christian college teams, Christian private high school teams, and other Christian sports teams (such as Athletes In Action, Christian Outreach International teams, or The Kings Comets semi-pro football team in Ohio), there should be plenty of places to get programming. I look forward to your replies. :D

Christian Sports Links - http://www.geocities.com/lmsfca/christiansportslinks.html

I don't know if there is such a service available at this time. I'm sure it would be very popular. Unfortunately at this time, Sky Angel is maxed out on channels. so if they pick one up, another would have to go.

See ya
Tony

This was asked over on the Skyguide.org forums a couple of years ago..There are some sports on Sky Angel such as a Sportsweek Interview Show, as well as limited coverage of Liberty University Sports. In my opinion, Most Christian Colleges would have a hard time doing enough production to make such a concept worthwhile(especially 24/7).I believe it would cost too much to produce Shows and Live events for it to be viable, at least for now.

Tim

Sports channel question on Skyguide.org

Tim,

*LOL*....It is funny that you mentioned that "Christian Sports Channel" Skyguide.org post. I apparently found that forum literally days before it was closed down. I was excited to see someone had asked that question...then, BAM, the site was closed down. That is why I am so glad to have found this forum and why I reposted that particular question. (I give credit to the person who posted it first back on Skyguide.org whoever you are and wherever you are...laughing) BTW, I plan on being a regular here. Thanks for the reply! :)

Scott aka parkers3

TimLones111 said:
This was asked over on the Skyguide.org forums a couple of years ago..There are some sports on Sky Angel such as a Sportsweek Interview Show, as well as limited coverage of Liberty University Sports. In my opinion, Most Christian Colleges would have a hard time doing enough production to make such a concept worthwhile(especially 24/7).I believe it would cost too much to produce Shows and Live events for it to be viable, at least for now.

Tim

That is funny how you found that..I posted essentially the same thing here as I did there.(different wording of course). I miss those forums, though its good that they have them here and at dbstalk.com..Tony does a good job.

Welcome to the forums, parkers3!

Tim Lones

Cavs

I dont know if anyone mentioned this or not but, Guardian carried nearly 30 Cleveland Cavs games this year that were not shown on any other "out of local" area programming other than NBA paid subscription services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts