Christmas Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Does anybody know the numbers of the Christmas channels on Dish this year?

I'm trying to find Christmas music, and perhaps visuals as well, for my workplace Christmas party. But, we have a commercial account, which doesn't have SiriusXM or DishCD, iirc. I do believe they add the holiday channels, though.

Also, are there any channels that show Christmas graphics, like a yule log, snowflakes, holiday scenes, etc? I wanna display something at the party, as well.

Sirius has 9904,9917,9958 (Country),and 9975 (Holiday Pops).
Dan
On CD 817 Navidad,929 Ultra Hip, 946 Classical,947 Traditional, 949 Pop, 950 Modern Hits, and 951 Country.

Last edited:
All the Christmas music channels are SiriusXM or DishCD (which are added each year). So if the account does not get them.....

It would be nice to have a graphic like a yule log, but I don't recall Dish ever having anything like that. I know that Comcast has that, it's in HD and has holiday music with it. As for Dish, no joy lol. Not sure about your commercial account either, perhaps a very helpful DIRT member could assist.

All the Christmas music channels are SiriusXM or DishCD (which are added each year). So if the account does not get them.....
Not correct. The Holiday channels are in addition to Sirius and DishCD, and are open for commercial accounts. As I said, my company's receivers get them every year.

they have a set of channels starting with ch 88 and goes through 91. not sure about the commercial accounts.
Thanks. Actually, I did a little searching, and it's even more than that! Channels 73-80 and 88-92. (73 should work best for us. )
http://www.dishmas.com/dishmas.pdf

It would be nice to have a graphic like a yule log, but I don't recall Dish ever having anything like that. I know that Comcast has that, it's in HD and has holiday music with it. As for Dish, no joy lol. Not sure about your commercial account either, perhaps a very helpful DIRT member could assist.
Yes. A Yule log would be perfect. I may have to rig up a pc-to-video dealio.

Well, that would possibly make it difficult to have the yule log at your party, but I did get the submitted so hopefully it will be available next time. Time is always against us it seems.

Not correct. The Holiday channels are in addition to Sirius and DishCD, and are open for commercial accounts. As I said, my company's receivers get them every year.
I was not incorrect as stated. Now if they did add them to your account, Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Yule Log runs Christmas morning on KTLA, KWGN and WPIX. Sign up for Superstations and "yule" have it. :D

It's a pity the Superstations are not in HD, though ...

... but that's another topic entirely.

If you have access to a Youtube app, you could always use this. Not HD but 480p should look good enough for the still images.

[video=youtube;jZ-e3_31sdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-e3_31sdM#"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-e3_31sdM[/video]

If you have access to a Youtube app, you could always use this. Not HD but 480p should look good enough for the still images.
Thanks! But, I was originally looking to avoid using a PC for this. But, as long as I have to use a PC for visuals, I'm going with a looping PPT on the projectors, and Pandora for music. But, I would have liked to have Dish-carried visuals for the flat panel displays, which are connected to the sat receivers. I'm in no mood to rig up a special component-video source just for them.

Yule Log runs Christmas morning on KTLA, KWGN and WPIX. Sign up for Superstations and "yule" have it. :D

It's a pity the Superstations are not in HD, though ...

... but that's another topic entirely.
I'm totally familiar with WPIX' Yule Log. I grew up with it! :D
Ironically, I hated it as a kid. But, it's actually a pretty cool thing to have for parties. And, mine is today. So, that won't work for my situation. :(

I'm guessing the flat-panel TVs don't have a wifi Youtube internet app...

I'm guessing the flat-panel TVs don't have a wifi Youtube internet app...
I wish.
Sadly, they are older Samsung commercial displays. They have LAN capability, but only for displaying limited file types. No SmarTV apps. And, only component video cable is run to them from the central rack.

I am currently researching replacements for 2013.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts