How to Hook Up External Hard Drive

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So I am upgrading to the Hopper tomorrow. I am going to save some shows I have on my 922 to an external hard drive. The drive I am using is from my 211 that was used to turn that receiver into a dvr. I thought I could just plug it into the 922 and it would ask me if I want to format it, but nothing happens. Since it was formatted for the 211, do I have to reformat it on a computer somehow, before I can plug it into the 922? And by the way...anything I save on the external drive from 922 will work on Hopper right?

The content saved from the ViP922 should play on the Hopper. It isn't typically recommended that you transfer the content to the hopper.

As for why the drive wouldn't format, it is probably a protection for those who won't read the documentation. If you've got a partition manager or a disk wiper you should be able to reuse the drive.

Thanks....I thought I read that programs saved to external hard drive from 922 can be used on Hopper. Still not sure what to do to get this drive so the 922 will see it.

What you place on an EHD from the 922 will play just fine on the Hopper. Now, the EHD that you want to use is set up for the 211. You're going to need to wipe it clean on your PC, if that's what you have and then plug it in to the 922.

The EHD cannot be transferred from the 211 to the 922 without formatting. You will need to format it in order for it to work with the 922. It will be able to go from the 922 to the Hopper without the format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)