Christmas gifts from DISH!

I tried the online chat and they knew of no such knowledge. I gave them the link to this site and the guy said he had no access to the internet.

Maybe I should call back to try to get the other remote control. I know people that have switched from one satellite provider to the other due to a small fee or charging to replace a receiver. They should have an allowance once in a while to replace something that is broken to keep their customers happy. Some customers are not getting equal treatment. Just because I have more than one satellite receiver doesn't mean you should get penalized. They are getting a $6 DVR fee and a $5 additional outlet fee for a total of $11 extra per month for each receiver I have and I paid for them myself. They get enough in one month to ship out another remote to replace a bad one once every x number of years.

Hey just wanted everybody to know about this since it is not announced !!! I dont know why so im announcing it! :D

DISH Network is offering the following gifts to our existing customers:
  • Free receivers after $100 mail-in credit through DISHn It Up (except the ViP722, ViP222 and 625)
  • Free replacement remote controls
  • Free receiver RAs
These special offers are valid until 12/24/07

-------------------------------------------------
REMOTE OFFER

As a special gift to our customers that are out of warranty or no longer part of DHA we are offering free replacement remote controls to those with broken remote controls until 12/24/07.

You are allowed to waive the MSRP price of $19.99 plus $5.95 shipping and handling.

FREE REPLACEMENT RECIEVER

As a special gift to our customers that are out of warranty or no longer within DHAs first 90 days we are offering free receiver RAs until 12/24/07. These customers are currently charged for a return authorization when their leased receiver is damaged and needs to be swapped.

You are allowed to waive the shipping and handling fee of $14.95 for customers who are receiving a new leased receiver due to an RA.

TIME TO UPGRADE (DIU)
------------------------------

New Price - $99 (Normally $99-$149)
Collect $99 upfront (receiver will be FREE
after $100 mail-in credit)

HD DVR (ViP 622)
HD Single Tuner (ViP 211)
SD Dual Tuner DVR (522)
SD Single Tuner DVR (510)

-----------------------------------------------

New Price - $129 (Normally $169)
Collect $129 upfront (receiver will be $29 after
$100 mail-in credit)

Enhanced SD Dual Tuner DVR (625)

-----------------------------------------------

New Price - $149 (Normally $199)
Collect $149 upfront (receiver will be $49
after $100 mail-in credit)

Enhanced HD DVR (ViP 722)

The red typin is what I added jump on the deal for people pending about doing Dishin it up (DIU), need a new remote or replacement receiver!!!!! Happy christmas !!!!!

Now extended until 1/31/08

Signed up for Free VIP 622 & penny Cinemax

Just got off the phone with rep named Dan, he knew all about both offers & provided excellent service. If not for Sat.Guys forum I would have missed both of these outstanding offers. Thanks

3 Holiday Gifts to Existing Customers Promotion
Promotions: 12/24/2007 1:38 PM
Good news the 3 Holiday Gifts to our Existing Customers Promotion has been extended until 1/31/08 and is now 3 New Years Gifts to our Existing Customers. This means you can continue to offer our customers reduced pricing on receivers through DISH'n It Up, free remotes and receiver RAs. Please continue to offer our customers the appropriate gift and upgrade customers to our best receivers.

Maybe I should call back to try to get the other remote control. I know people that have switched from one satellite provider to the other due to a small fee or charging to replace a receiver. They should have an allowance once in a while to replace something that is broken to keep their customers happy. Some customers are not getting equal treatment. Just because I have more than one satellite receiver doesn't mean you should get penalized. They are getting a $6 DVR fee and a $5 additional outlet fee for a total of $11 extra per month for each receiver I have and I paid for them myself. They get enough in one month to ship out another remote to replace a bad one once every x number of years.

If you explained to them your remote is draining batteries every two weeks it is a immediate replacement. There is nothing you can do to trouble shoot it unless some one walks you through repairing it internally. Just call in tell the agent your remote is draining batteries every two weeks it needs to be replaced, the agents may think that your trying to just get new remotes.

Here is what it states on my "recent activity" page at Dish for my account. I just noticed this today.

12/24 12/24 REMOTE CONTROL 19.99
12/24 12/24 SHIPPING AND HANDLING 0.00
12/24 12/24 REMOTE CONTROL 19.99
12/24 12/23 REMOTE CONTROL -19.99
12/24 12/23 REMOTE CONTROL -19.99
So as you see they are replacing 2 of my remotes. I dont understand why they are giving you such a run around.

Went onto dish network live chat and had a nice chat with Carol S. I asked for replacements for 3 of my old remotes ( sat buttons hardly work). She said only one per order, so I said I have heard of others getting 2. Since I was a valuable customer she said she would send 2 out 2 day air.

I never even got my remote. I was totally refused the second remote. Both of these remotes never did work right from day one. They should have accomodated me much better considering what I pay them each month and pay annually.

Too bad my current DIU commitment isn't up until April. Otherwise I would jump on that 722 offer before the commitment increases to 2 years. Realistically though, I have already been with Dish for 7 years. Don't think I am going anywhere anytime soon.

Hmm... Verizon IS wiring my city for FiOs right now... :)

I never even got my remote. I was totally refused the second remote. Both of these remotes never did work right from day one. They should have accomodated me much better considering what I pay them each month and pay annually.

All you need to do is sign up for DHPP then the next day call and request 2 remotes and explain the 2 that you have do not function properly and they will start to run you through tests but just tell them that the sat button will not light up on either remote and they will send you 2 to replace the bad remotes. You can cancel the DHPP after you receive the remotes but I highly suggest people stay with DHPP as $6 per month is pretty cheap to warranty your dish equipment and minimize service call charges if you need assistance. :hatsoff:

Thats odd that you alone keep having issues try the previous recommendation it will work I do recommend keeping the warranty.

Wife just called E* and they are giving us a 622 for $20.00 not sure what the $20.00 is for but at least there is no mail in rebate.
They most likely applied the rebate immediately which is really lucky for you! :D
- talk to the right people you can get crazy results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)