Christmas gifts from DISH!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From what I have hear, Dish did this to see what forum they get the most response from.

I could have saved the trouble and given them the answer. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

The incompetence is just astounding. I just called for the free replacement remote. Got Michelle, very nice but clueless. After going through the motions with the old remote (SAT button has not worked right in years) she ordered me a new one at no charge. Told me to hold for 2 to 3 minuets while she finalized the order. Came back and told me that due to an error she ordered a replacement receiver and to refuse the receiver and just take the remote out. I told her that UPS was not going to allow me to open a package and then refuse it. She then told me that 2 boxes were coming and to only accept the remote. I can see it now UPS drops the package when I’m not here and I am going to have to get it back to them somehow. Sounds like they are trying to rope me into another 18 months no?

Later that night....

OP: "Sir are you standing infront of your tv with the remote in hand?"

CS: "Yes I have it right here with me"

OP: " Is the tv on? If not be sure to turn it on and the receiver as well"

CS: " Ok both are on now what?"

OP: " Now I need you to take off your clothes"
After placing two more calls into E* last night, I spoke to a knowledgable english-speaking young VA Tech student in Blacksburg VA. Anyway, I finally I got my free remote...and yes, standing naked in front of the TV seems to have done the trick.:eek:

i got a 622 leased and a 721. if i swap the 721 for a leased 722 w dvr advantage do i pay a leased and extra receive r fee? i know dvr advantage only covers 1 dvr fee so im looking at a dvr fee.

Should this work for a 7100 remote? My "select" button has just about had it.

I know, I should just break down and take the 722 deal. Can't make myself do it until NESN-HD is available.

Hey everybody this ends the 24th!!!!! I'm sure they MIGHT drop the prices after this soon but I would jump on this enjoy the weekend everybody and merry christmas I will be on vacation for awhile.

I was able get both of my 522's replaced with a 622 and a 722 while getting rebates for both. Couldn't believe it when she gave me my choice of install dates: Dec. 25th b/t 12-5pm or New Year's Day! I took the 25th so I'll get to see the bowl games in HD. I'm gonna have to be real nice to my installer. I couldn't believe that E* has installers working that day..

I can't believe they are working on the 25 th either . I just hope you aren't surprised when they don't show up on time or they call to reschedule.

I am not taking any chances. Just read this thread and am on the phone right now (9:33 PM PST) to try and get a replacement remote for my old 508. My wife finds it more interesting to squish the buttons in to submission rather than replace the batteries.

Success!!! Got my free remote. The CS rep said it would be one of the original style 50x remotes and not one of the newer universal UHF remotes, but what the heck, its FREE! :D

Called this morning and I have a new remote for my 508 coming.Thanks for the heads up. I love this forum.

I talked to a CSR and the guy said he had no knowledge of this. I figured that is what would happen when I call. What a rip. I pay $85 a month and this is the treatment I get? I am going to play hardball when my annual subscription is up because of them giving some people different treatment than others.

I called them back and she said that they were only giving one remote per customer and I told her that someone else got two for free and she put me on hold. One remote has the batteries die every two weeks and the other one has buttons that are hard to press. She said that it is only one remote per account that they will send me. At least they are sending me one. She said she was also posting notes on the account and that it has a one year warranty.

I got mine replaced using the online live chat. And yes they replced 2 of mine (atleast thats what I was told). One for the 301 and one for the 622 (tv2).

Call back and try again. Ask for Advanced Tech Support. Not all of them know or have access to this promotion obviously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)