Christmas gifts from DISH!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can't Dish get anything right?!?!?

3 Holiday Gifts to Existing Customers Promotion
Promotions: 12/24/2007 1:38 PM
Good news the 3 Holiday Gifts to our Existing Customers Promotion has been extended until 1/31/08 and is now 3 New Years Gifts to our Existing Customers. This means you can continue to offer our customers reduced pricing on receivers through DISH'n It Up, free remotes and receiver RAs. Please continue to offer our customers the appropriate gift and upgrade customers to our best receivers.

Wish I could say the offer went well, but unfortunately not. The installer came today and installed what I thought was my new 625, but I later find out that I STILL got stuck with a 522. I'd called Dish when you posted the offer and asked what receiver I was originally scheduled to have installed (522) and since it was, could I pay the extra $10 (522 DIU was $119) and get the 625. No problem...she charged me another $10 and scheduled a new work order which was today. In addition to my not getting the 625 I paid extra for, it turns out that the work order itself was screwed up...they had me down to ADD another receiver to the two I already had instead of (what I asked for), to replace both my 4900 and 510 with (what I thought was) a 625. Installer had to have them void the original work order and make up a total new work order. At least I did get a new DPP to replace the antiquated legacy LNBs and SW21s, but that's still little consolation.

So am I out of luck (and the extra $30) or should I pester the executive office on Monday?

(edit to add...at least they also added my 1c Cinemax without my having to call back)

Last edited:
My "gift" was better than expected. The Dish rep told me that the replacement remote for my 508 would be just like the old one. Instead, what showed up at my doorstep on Thursday night was a brand new Dish universal UHF remote. Cool! Thanks Dish!

Executive office comes through again--fired off an email this morning and just got a response...they're sending me a 625 in exchange for the mistaken 522, no further charges. Guess it is true that you have to contact the right people!

I finally got the next technician on the phone to get another remote shipped out. I ended up talking to him for an hour. I have not received either remote yet. Telling them that my remote was eating batteries was not an instant replacement but resulted in questions such as "how long have you had your remote".

I am considering switching to DirecTv when my annual subscription is up if Dish Network cannot give me a good enough deal to match whatever DirecTv has going in the next month or two especially if I end up getting my first HD television. They will give others remotes when they go bad even before this promotion hit but they want to give me a huge runaround just to send one out. At least if I switch to DirecTv it will be all new hardware with a new warranty. I shouldn't have to pay $5.99 for the warranty due to Dish Network's high failure rate. That is totally REDICULOUS!!! I bet at least half the people switch just for this reason alone when they have an issue.

Hello: ddgtomahawk

I would like to thank you for the info you provide to all of us at SATGUYS!!

I ordered two 722's on DEC. 17 at $199 per receiver. Then a few days later you posted the info about the price break, so I called and they redid the work order which delayed my upgrade untill yesterday!!

I was charged $199 X 2 [for two 722's] acording to my online account, I called the normal [1-800-333-3474] number and talked to a csr about the charge and they said it was right as he had not heard of any such promotions!!! I was also charged STATE AND LOCAL TAX when there has never been any tax charged before!!

What number should I contact to get this cleared up??

Thanks JW PS I did gtet the CINEAMAX for 1c

Can anyone that was an existing customer confirm that they did indeed get a 722 for $149 before rebate in this promotion???

I sent off an email to CEO@dishnetwork to see what answer they would send out!! JW

Thanks for the confimation!! I also got an email back from headquarters and I got a $50 x 2credit!
Thanks, Can anyone tell me what the tax would be for on a lease, as far as I know North Dakota does not have a sat. tax
JW

It has been over a month since I initially contacted them and STILL no remote control(s). I contacted them almost two weeks ago again and they said there was an error and someone didnt get it ordered. Well I contacted them today and they said there was some type of error for why it did not get ordered and that they would get it out. It showed up on my statement but they said they didn't see anything in their records. DISH NETWORK DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! They need to get their head out of their rearends and fix their """errors""". This is the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. How many dang phone calls does it take to simply get some remotes? I never had this issue getting remotes or receivers in the past for myself or for others when I had a warranty with them. I have also sent an email to ceo@echostar.com regarding this since contacting Dish Network on the phone and online does no good. They also told me only one remote would be free and that they would have to charge me. I am getting the runaround more than ever. It is very hard to believe that I am the only one having issues with this promotion. Now their online chat is screwing up to where it does not work correctly. Someone will be talking then it will say waiting for another agent right in the middle and they do not receive my messages. Sometimes when I talk to them on the phone I get "disconnected" if I am even lucky enough to get through. Since I wrote this I tried talking to them again and the guy said that since I do not have DHPP that I will be charged for any remotes that I want. UNBELIEVABLE!! I think its time for me to go to Directv as my annual subscription is up next month. I cannot believe this b.s.

I got a replacement for my 7200 in two days. I thought they screwed up because it looks radically different than my original "red button" PVR remote. The new one is actually better as it will also control a "regular" E* receiver too.

The only thing I've found that's missing is the TV/video button in "7200" mode. Have to switch to "TV" first. A minor annoyance that's affecting the WAF at the moment. She'll get used to it. :D

Yeah, I had a short in my UHF PRO 6.3 so I chatted with a rep Saturday and had a new remote on my doorstep on Wednesday. I can't complain. My thanks to the OP.

I contacted them once again and finally got a tracking number for the remotes but it seems like they have absolutely NO information from where I had called in before and I had a heck of a time with them. I never even got an email response from the ceo email I sent an email to. If it were not for the nice dual tuner technology that they have I would have already switched to DirecTv. I should not have went through this much hassle just to get some remotes when others had absolutely no issues. They said that I would be getting 6.3 remotes and I was happy with that answer. One time when I called in they told me that they could not guarantee me the 6.2 remote (I didn't know about the 6.3 remote at the time) and I told them that was the type of remote that I had and I use the 522 in conjunction with the 721 when the first time I called in I was told that they would ship me out the 6.2. They gave me a different answer every single time I called in as to what I would get and if I would get it or not and this and that. Now I know why so many people cancel Dish Network, because of things like this. By the time you go through this much hassle you could have switched providers and had all new hardware without any cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts