Christmas present from Dish?? New hd channels?

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Just wondering its been a while since we have gotten some new hd channels.
:D Any chance Dish adds some new hd channels for a christmas present this year?

Unlikely this Christmas. But, maybe in the future as they finally seem to be serious about cleaning out the old receivers on Western Arc. Then they will have more capacity.

See thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/325927-End-of-Life-Receivers

A bunch of receivers going away on 2/1, perhaps then in time for the Dish Summit they will have channel capacity for some new HD to have something to talk about with their retailers.

Since the uplink center is locked down until after the first of the year...

Unlikely this Christmas. But, maybe in the future as they finally seem to be serious about cleaning out the old receivers on Western Arc. Then they will have more capacity.

See thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/325927-End-of-Life-Receivers

A bunch of receivers going away on 2/1, perhaps then in time for the Dish Summit they will have channel capacity for some new HD to have something to talk about with their retailers.

If they are really going to get serious,they need to swap out a lot more than those models.There is no telling how many 27/2800/3700 38/3900 47/4900 501/508/510 are still in service,but I would thinks it's a lot.

When was the last HD addition that Charlie gave us? He has said in the past that the current sat model is dead (I'm paraphrasing) so I don't think he is any hurry about adding more HD. I'm guessing he doesn't care much as to whether we get more HD.

When was the last HD addition that Charlie gave us? He has said in the past that the current sat model is dead (I'm paraphrasing) so I don't think he is any hurry about adding more HD. I'm guessing he doesn't care much as to whether we get more HD.

The only things I can recall this year were the channels from the AMC dispute - IFC, WE, Fuse, and Sundance, and those were early in the year. Maybe I am missing a minor channel or two, but those are the only ones I can think of.

I'm guessing he doesn't care much as to whether we get more HD.

More HD? Charlie ain't got no time fo that! He is waaaaay too busy standing on street corners and interstate exit ramps begging passers-by if they have any spare cell phone companies he can buy. :haha

I hope Disney XD goes into HD before Star Wars Rebels premiere.

Also Al Jazeera America HD and NASA HD would be nice. And, while I'm making my Christmas list, Showtime OD please so that people can catch up on shows before the new seasons.

I have a good feeling that the only Christmas Present from DISH this year is a big old price hike & an equipment & dvr fee increase ,other wise known as a lump of Coal in our stockings. I haven't seen much in the way of new HD at all worth anything this year. I just wonder what the $5.00 programming pack increase is for in January? Increase for other programming hikes Unrelated to Disney /Espn or is it because of the new agreement with Disney/Espn? I would hate to think we still have yet to see our bills increase for re-adding the Espn and Disney channels. That may be why we haven't got them back yet. Charlie has yet to pony up for more money per sub or they are still haggeling over the price.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts