Christmas Project

xternal

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I curently have 2 dvr setup in my house running 4 tv's setup works like a charm.

I now want to add a 5th setup in my son's room but it is not currently wired at all so I would have to run new wire in the attic. I am doing his setup a little different in that I am using a lcd monitor that has both vga and dvi inputs on so I know I need a receiver in his room to have a direct signal but I need some advice on my plans especially the wiring.

Here is what I am thinking...
  • Xbox 360 with hdmi output to dvi input to monitor for video, split audio off to stereo. (will actually handle the audio portion for both xbox and reciever same way through surround stereo system) (already doing this now...)
  • Dish network receiver video out to vga adaptor to monitor vga input
My questions are really around the receiver. I have been told I can get the new smart card for Dish Network but as for wiring the coax to this receiver what should I consider? As I recall I only have one coax from the basement to the upstairs that connects in the attic.

I know this is a bit random and probably in the wrong area but I am pressed for time tight now...:angel:

That monitor is a problem. You will need either an NTSC tuner specifically designed with a VGA computer monitor output, or else an HD dish receiver with HDMI to DVI adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)