Where can I find peak signal for my area?

handymantoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
northeast
I am located in Providence RI zip 02904 and it appears to me signals are low. Dish was installed two weeks ago on Eastern Arc and tech said he peaked each satelite. 61.5 is 41, 72 is 57, 77 is 46. I have never lost signal even in heavy rain but numbers seem low. Are these peak for my area?

I am located in Providence RI zip 02904 and it appears to me signals are low. Dish was installed two weeks ago on Eastern Arc and tech said he peaked each satelite. 61.5 is 41, 72 is 57, 77 is 46. I have never lost signal even in heavy rain but numbers seem low. Are these peak for my area?

these numbers are fine you must remember with dish network they revamped their signal quality metres a few years back so you must take your number and double it to get a true signal quality number ie: 41 is accually 82 signal. Hope this helps

Low readings on 61.5

Interesting information about your signal readings. Watching 61.5 (tp 15) with a signal of 26 / 29 , audio went garbled and video started to tile. signal bar went into the amber/yellow area.
Zip is 33914 SW Florida. The only tp with such a low reading was tp-15 with all my local stations. We finally tweeked the dish to get 28 to 30 bouncing back and forth. I gave up cable for that reason, (local), now I suspect it is the tp 15.
Nothing being done with low signal on tp-15. Just a thought. I have a great clear viewing area for the sat. 61.5,72.7 & 77. 72 & 77 have low 70' readings.

JFYI :)