Chrome browser: latest beta has Flash built-in

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Here
Google Rolls Out Flashified, Turbo-Charged Version of Chrome | ConceivablyTech
Google quietly released a new beta version of its Chrome browser, which not only blows its rivals out of the water as far as performance is concerned, but comes with half a dozen new features, including direct integration of Adobe Flash. Not a big deal for Google, apparently, but we were told Adobe was taking a deep breath, especially since Google is the popular new kid on the browser block.

Clean Win7 install + this browser played Flash without any additional plugins...

Can't say I felt the speed increase in regular browsing - it's the fastest for awhile already...

Diogen.

Just downloaded it. Has new drag and drop feature. And seems zippy, but can't tell if it is faster, since Chrome is always fast. :)

I like the right click drag and drop that Maxthon has which allows you to open up a link in a new tab while keeping current one open and continue using it due to that for such sites as satelliteguys. I have not been able to use that functionality (or figured it out) in FireFox. Does the new version of Chrome have the drag and drop like Maxthon or Firefox?

I like the right click drag and drop that Maxthon has which allows you to open up a link in a new tab while keeping current one open and continue using it due to that for such sites as satelliteguys. I have not been able to use that functionality (or figured it out) in FireFox. Does the new version of Chrome have the drag and drop like Maxthon or Firefox?

Yes it does. There is a link to the news story in the first post in this thread I dragged it to the tab bar in chrome, went to the end, an arrow popped up, and that link opened in a new tab..

Chrome rocks.

Tried it also. It is fast. Crashed on a flash site/video though during my testing, so buyer beware until it is a little farther along in the beta process.

Does their Flash implementation support video hardware acceleration like the beta version from Adobe does?

It is working great on my machine; just went to a few flash video sites and had no problems.

Don't know the answer about acceleration, but I suspect the answer is there somewhere in the Chromium documentation online.

Does their Flash implementation support video hardware acceleration like the beta version from Adobe does?
It doesn't look like.
On a Win7 netbook playing YouTube videos is 25-30% CPU utilization on IE8 and about 3 times that much on Chrome 5 beta.
On a half decent desktop the difference gets lost in the fluctuations...

Diogen.

CTRL+Left Mouse Click will open a link in a new tab as well.

I have the wheel button on my mouse set to do this as well. Just push down on the wheel over a link and it'll open up in a new tab. I use it all the time.

I found it much easier to just rick click and drag away to open up a new link than CTRL + Left Mouse or click center wheel.

I use AdBlock Plus with firefox. Is there an addon for chrome that does the same thing? I decided to try chrome yesterday but without adblock some of my usual websites took me places I didn't want to go. I've heard that chrome's adblock just hides ads instead of blocking them.

I use AdBlock Plus with firefox. Is there an addon for chrome that does the same thing? I decided to try chrome yesterday but without adblock some of my usual websites took me places I didn't want to go. I've heard that chrome's adblock just hides ads instead of blocking them.

I ignore ads, and never have used adblocker; not sure if Chrome doesn't anything with them, but Chrome is a great browser. I love it.

Tried the adblock for chrome that was on the top of that list and it doesn't work at all the same. Using firefox and adblock plus I click on a video link and the video starts. Using chrome and adblock I do the same on the same page and I am diverted to a page selling me stuff.

Just tried adthwart. That didn't do a darn thing either. You guys are recommending chrome with extensions that claim they block ads. I'm trying it. They don't. Try firefox with adblock plus so that you can see what a browser looks like with ads actually blocked.

Just tried adthwart. That didn't do a darn thing either. You guys are recommending chrome with extensions that claim they block ads. I'm trying it. They don't. Try firefox with adblock plus so that you can see what a browser looks like with ads actually blocked.

I'm using Chrome with adblock and it works fine. There is a lot of adds FF with adblock doesn't stop, you have to tell it to block ads.

For example: At the top of this page, right under twitter, I see no ads in firefox but two ads with chrome and adblock.

If your adblock is working in chrome please tell me what you did to get it going. It is a zippy browser.

For example: At the top of this page, right under twitter, I see no ads in firefox but two ads with chrome and adblock.

If your adblock is working in chrome please tell me what you did to get it going. It is a zippy browser.

Same here. I have Chrome with Adblock installed and this site looks way different (meaning it doesn't block ALL the ads). On Firefox, which is my preferred browser, with Adblock installed I see no ads whatsoever. Until I tried it just a minute ago, I didn't even realize there was an ad that runs down the left side of the screen since I never see it in Firefox but in Chrome it is there.

Adblock isn't working the same in both browsers...and for what it's worth I just have it on default settings in both browsers, no special configuration of any kind. So even if it would be the same with tinkering...out of the (virtual) box they don't work the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts