Chromebook & Dish Anywhere

peggy97850

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Western US
Just got the Play Store on my Acer R11 2 in 1 Chromebook & am happy to report I downloaded the Dish Anywhere app & it works!! If you have one of the newer Chromebooks you should be getting the Play Store later this year (once it's out for general release).:clapping

Terrific news. Since I am only brave enough for the beta channel - I won't see on my work Flip until fall. The Chromebook 14 use as my primary machine at home probably won't see it for a while. Never could get Dishanywhere to run under ARC Welder, it would always crash.

I haven't got the Dish Anywhere app for my Pixel on the developer channel yet, but good to know it works.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

wkomorow & lparsons21 - You both mention that you run in Beta and Dev channels, but never close the loop on this thread about the Dish Anywhere App not working on Chromebooks? I am having the same issue that "My OS is not supported", have even tried rebuilding APKs from Android to Chrome with no luck. I have run my Chromebook in beta channel, with no luck from the APP or the Dish website directly. I can log in and navigate the site via the browser but it won't launch the video player....

So did either of you figure out how to actually do this? Or were you just letting us all know what channels you like to run your books in?

I actually just moved on to other things. I'm back on all Apple gear again as I find it better overall. If I get the urge to charge up my Pixel again I'll give it a whirl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wkomorow & lparsons21 - You both mention that you run in Beta and Dev channels, but never close the loop on this thread about the Dish Anywhere App not working on Chromebooks? I am having the same issue that "My OS is not supported", have even tried rebuilding APKs from Android to Chrome with no luck. I have run my Chromebook in beta channel, with no luck from the APP or the Dish website directly. I can log in and navigate the site via the browser but it won't launch the video player....
So did either of you figure out how to actually do this? Or were you just letting us all know what channels you like to run your books in?

My Chromebook is one of the 3 or 4 that is currently able to run Android apps - which means the Dish Anywhere app will work on it. Unless you have one of the Chromebooks that has Android apps/Play Store available you will have to wait until it is released for your model. Otherwise Dish Anywhere will not run on Chromebooks.

Reactions: Tampa8
Samsung 3 Chrome laptop. I have Google Play Store. Trying to get DishAnywhere app to install. Keep getting a "try again later" message.
Went to play.google.com and tried that, no luck. Tweeted to Dish Support and they said there is a way to get it installed, but since they only support Windows and Mac, good luck
Help, love the Chromebook but need it for tv watching (live sports). Therefore need DishAnywhere! What are your suggestions and ideas?

Used app yesterday on my R11. Make
Samsung 3 Chrome laptop. I have Google Play Store. Trying to get DishAnywhere app to install. Keep getting a "try again later" message.
Went to play.google.com and tried that, no luck. Tweeted to Dish Support and they said there is a way to get it installed, but since they only support Windows and Mac, good luck
Help, love the Chromebook but need it for tv watching (live sports). Therefore need DishAnywhere! What are your suggestions and ideas?
Obviously Dish support doesn't know what they're talking about. You need to install the standard Android Dish Anywhere app from Google Play. Make sure all apps & software are up to date, it should easily install from the Google Play Store, I used DA yesterday on my Chromebook, worked fine.