Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
So is anyone else getting this device ?
Looks pretty promising for what it supports and for the price.

My one nitpick is the name.

Chromecast has been around a while, and doesn’t have a huge market share. One reason is how it operates. People will see that and maybe bypass it thinking it’s nothing new?

They have changed that, and left previous functionality there.

I know there was a previous google tv, but how many average joe types do?

I’d think a better name would have been to reverse it. Google tv with chromecast.

I got 3 of them.

My only problem with them is not being able to switch between primary 'google tv' accounts so that my wife and I can have our own universal watch lists.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I got 3 of them.

My only problem with them is not being able to switch between primary 'google tv' accounts so that my wife and I can have our own universal watch lists.

Not a feature I use but I can see that being a issue.

I thought it was announced as being available, or at least coming at some point ?

Walmart and Home Depot started selling them early on accident over a week ago. So knowing there was inventory in the wild, after the announcement I jumped on it at Walmart.com and was able to snag a few last week.

Reactions: dishdude
Walmart and Home Depot started selling them early on accident over a week ago. So knowing there was inventory in the wild, after the announcement I jumped on it at Walmart.com and was able to snag a few last week.

I ordered one out of the google store, and it came in quickly. I did go by our local WM, was going to get another, but they havent got stock, or havent put them out at least.

WiFi range and speed on the device seems exceptional.
I have it in my garage. I also have a roku there, and have had a fire device and the shield.

This gets nearly the full speed via WiFi where the other devices usually got half that.

Won’t make a difference in PQ, but it does seem strong if you’re in a lower signal area of the home anyway.

So after a week or two of routine usage, I think we're going to retire our Fire Cube and Fire Sticks on all of our TVs, and probably supplant even the native apps for at least my wife and I thanks to the unified watchlist. The only thing the Amazon-specific devices ever provided that set them apart was a UI into our most-used ecosystem, and now that advantage has been replaced by something better.

So after a week or two of routine usage, I think we're going to retire our Fire Cube and Fire Sticks on all of our TVs, and probably supplant even the native apps for at least my wife and I thanks to the unified watchlist. The only thing the Amazon-specific devices ever provided that set them apart was a UI into our most-used ecosystem, and now that advantage has been replaced by something better.
The way it integrates content from across app platforms is far more useful than I would have anticipated.

Reactions: meStevo and Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)