Android TV Box issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I just got a TicTid T6 Pro Android TV Box running Android 10 and I'm having trouble streaming Amazon Prime Videos as well as unable to stream video from an OSmio4K satellite receiver. YouTube streams OK. I get menus for both Prime Video and the OSmio so I'm able to connect to both sources but I can't launch videos from Prime and I can't launch a stream with dreamdroid for satellite programming from the OSmio. I get "playback failed" when trying to stream from the OSmio and I get "Something went wrong. Please try again later...." (not a helpful error message) when trying to stream Prime video. I have a T95Z Max android TV box that works OK so it's not the content source that's causing the issue. Either the TicTid is bad or I have some kind of setting that needs to be set. Any ideas?

The last hope is probably a router reboot. If that doesn't shake it loose, I'm guessing there's something wrong with the box.

I've taken for granted that you've done any and all software updates on the box itself.

I want to point out that the Tictid T6 boxes are Android 10.0 and NOT Android TV 10.0. The distinction between an Android "TV box" and "Android TV" box is absolutely significant (but almost certainly not a factor in your problem).

I'm going to try a factory reset and try reinstalling the apps that I'm having trouble with. From research, I'm not the only one having problems with streaming Prime Video and at least one person replaced his box and it still doesn't stream. I still haven't got an answer from the manufacturer either. If the factory reset and re-install doesn't fix it I'm going to see if I can get another T95Z model since I have one of those that does work. Just like I told another person, it's not just his product but it's a lot of electronics that has issues these days. Sometimes I'm the one at fault (but not often). I just hate having to spend so much time debugging stuff. Anyway, I'll let ya know.

I don't believe that I can install DreamDroid on either that model or even the Pro version. Too much money for the Pro version anyway. If I were a gamer I'd consider it. Anyway, I did the factory reset but it didn't fix the issue. I'm going to send the box back and get something else. By the way, even though I setup the TZ on both of my osmio4k boxes, they're both now showing the time as 0000 when local time is 1600 - I didn't change anything. Even after a reboot. They're set up for NTP. The TZ changed on both boxes and there's no North America timezones listed in the settings. Both are TNAP 3.2. I already mentioned this to El Bandido but he doesn't believe me. I'm mentioning this just to illustrate the junk that's being sold today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)