Virus/Bug Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have a cell phone virus/bug issue that started recently. When I swipe screen to open phone a pop up appears instead of the home screen. Attached are a few screen shots of some of the different pop ups. This doesn’t happen every time I use cell phone, about every hour or so. Clicking the phone’s back button takes me to the home screen. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android version 12, & service is with Verizon. Thanks for any help to get rid of this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 140
I have a cell phone virus/bug issue that started recently. When I swipe screen to open phone a pop up appears instead of the home screen. Attached are a few screen shots of some of the different pop ups. This doesn’t happen every time I use cell phone, about every hour or so. Clicking the phone’s back button takes me to the home screen. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android version 12, & service is with Verizon. Thanks for any help to get rid of this issue.
Go into Settings, and check your notifications for apps. It appears that you somehow got "opted in" for notifications, and it's sending them periodically. You HAVE to turn them off manually, otherwise Google assumes you want them all ON. One of the very first things I did when I set up our new Android smartphones.

Also check for any apps you do NOT remember deliberately loading, and uninstall them. IF you aren't sure about one, Google it to see what it is before uninstalling.

I notice that i had 4 attacks blocked via my service provider. 3 of them ended in .ru. So yes Russia making havok where they can. I have heard of this strange thing that pops up on iphones also, There is a way of getting rid of that one on the iphone. Not sure on the androids,

I expect that you're going to need to be patient and set aside some time to cancel all of the notifications. After an "infection" is too late to install a malware solution but once you get all the notifications cleared, that should probably be the first thing you do.

I expect that you're going to need to be patient and set aside some time to cancel all of the notifications. After an "infection" is too late to install a malware solution but once you get all the notifications cleared, that should probably be the first thing you do.
harshness can you recommend a good program to try that might get rid of my cell phone bug? I have turned off most of my notifications and uninstalled several apps and still have the intermittent problem when I swipe my phone open. Attached are two pics of what I get most of the time. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 116
Try lookout
I chatted with two different Verizon techs. One said to reset the phone, the other said to open up Chrome and clear all history, cache, etc. Clearing didn't work and I would like to not reset my phone. Are there any other recommendations besides Lookout company? I am going to try 3rd party security of some kind.

I chatted with two different Verizon techs. One said to reset the phone, the other said to open up Chrome and clear all history, cache, etc. Clearing didn't work and I would like to not reset my phone. Are there any other recommendations besides Lookout company? I am going to try 3rd party security of some kind.
Download and run the free version of Malwarebytes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)