Chromecast without wifi

There are certainly cheaper ways to cast with an Android device but if you've already got a late model Chromecast you can indeed jump through the hoops.

I use a $6 MHL adapter to wire my device to the TV. It features a microUSB connector so I can charge the device at the same time. No pairing and no worrying about RF interference.

There are certainly cheaper ways to cast with an Android device but if you've already got a late model Chromecast you can indeed jump through the hoops.

I use a $6 MHL adapter to wire my device to the TV. It features a microUSB connector so I can charge the device at the same time. No pairing and no worrying about RF interference.
I thought Chromecast was the cheapest option. Is the wired option the only alternative?

I thought Chromecast was the cheapest option. Is the wired option the only alternative?
This is a problem with starting somewhere in the middle with what you think you know.

That said, Chromecast has pretty much replaced Miracast in the newest phones so it may depend on how old the device is. Miracast devices were usually much cheaper going for well under $30 (some under $20). I'm pretty sure Miracast software can still be loaded even in the latest models.

Of course there's nothing that says that you can't have Wi-fi without an Internet connection. If the TV is of the smart variety, it will usually handle DLNA without a dongle and there are some pretty good DLNA server apps (i.e. VLC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts