CI Screw-ups - are they Dish's fault?

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
On Wednesday, 4/7, the Columbus at Detroit game was broadcast in HD according to the announcers, but was shown on Dish CI in SD only. There were only 5 games scheduled, so there should have been plenty of broadband available to accomodate any games broadcast in HD.

On Thursday, 4/8, Versus was scheduled to broadcast Buffalo at Boston at 7:00 p.m. EDT, but instead showed Montreal at Carolina at 7:30 p.m. CI had no broadcast of the Buffalo/Boston game but did have a duplicate broadcast of the Montreal/Carolina game. CI should have had the Buffalo/Boston game, but not the Montreal/Carolina game since Versus had exclusive rights. Or does Versus claim broadcast rights to both and thereby effectively prevent us from seeing the game they don't broadcast?

I have had no complaints with the CI package until the last month or so when there have been several other screwups (cutting a game off before it was over, even though the schedule showed it had over one hour left for the broadcast and broadcasting a blank picture for three games for a period of 2 hours). I feel I am being cheated on the CI package, with no recourse. If these are Dish's screw-ups, I will be very tempted to go to Directv at the end of the season, since they now have Versus back, and of course, the MLB network as well, which it appears Dish will never get.

If not happy don't get it next year. The less people dish has paying for it and more complaints will make em work better at it.

I guess you're right. Sports will always be secondary to Dish, notwithstanding their full page ads last year claiming exceptional football coverage on Dish.

I like my current Dish package and would like to keep it. My problem is I don't like getting ripped off on premium packages. If the ripoffs are the fault of CI, I can then choose to discontinue it. If they are the fault of Dish, I can go to Directv after the season ends and see if they are better. That's why it is important for me to know who causes the screw-ups.

I'm with you grb..It's Dish's fault with all the screw-ups, which really sucks. If they just offered the NHL Center Ice package like Directv does, I would have no complaints. I am really looking at Directv for next year but I really don't want too! I love my setup with Dish but why they can't come through with a package that we pay extra money for, I will never know..:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)