Ciel 2 Tracking

This starting to get worrysome now. N2YO shows it at 122.48 and TLE is still not updated yet. Who updates this data anyways? Where does the info come from?

I hope you are all right. I probably speak for everybody else, that I can't wait for this bad boy to get in place functioning properly. Not just in terms for new channels, but mostly to replace the pathetic E5 signal we're getting now. There was enough bad luck with AMC14. After Ciel2 is up and running, I might even try to see if I can reverse the sacrifice SS on 119/110 for 129 and re-adjust the Dish 1000.2. I am one of those that peaked for 129.

HD LA

I'd say of course they will. The New York HD locals did.

I disagree. When the took NY off there were still East Coast Conus HD Feeds. If they take LA Nets Spot only (which they are now also) there would be no west coast hd feeds. Since they are planning legislation to pass in congress and the FCC to agree with it they will once again be offering distant feeds to us big city guys. I know that Mccain and others in the telecommunications area are for it. And I don't think they will go the All American Direct route with San Francisco Atlanta for HD.

I disagree. When the took NY off there were still East Coast Conus HD Feeds. If they take LA Nets Spot only (which they are now also) there would be no west coast hd feeds. Since they are planning legislation to pass in congress and the FCC to agree with it they will once again be offering distant feeds to us big city guys. I know that Mccain and others in the telecommunications area are for it. And I don't think they will go the All American Direct route with San Francisco Atlanta for HD.
Of course, you realize that offering Distant feeds to "big city guys" was some of what got the process banned.

There weren't CONUS HD feeds by choice, it was by limitation of satellite.

I'm speaking in the terms since east coast locals on 61.5 were all converted to spot beam I can bet the west coast HD locals will go spot also on 129. It's pointless to waste prime CONUS space on locals that can only be offered in that DMA.

re

Of course, you realize that offering Distant feeds to "big city guys" was some of what got the process banned.

I know, but I still miss those days before DMA's. But Charlie said they have the legislation so I'm hopeful. Nothing like a good car chase in the afternoon on KABC.

I remember when satellite TV used to be about getting things you couldn't receive OTA and we'd spend all day in the yard falling over coaxial cable. The good times:)

I'm currently seeing a signal at 138° West. Attached is a BLSA scan.

Attachments

• Ciel 2.jpg
    Ciel 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 305
Hopefully Not OT

Hopefully, this is not too off topic....

I live about as far west as you can get on the Washington Coast and from day one have had pee poor HD service from current 129 sat....

I've been waiting on the edge of my checkbook to see if this new sat will solve the issues..

Since I only changed from cable to dish because cable did not offer HD where I live and I only have an HD set and signed up for the HD only service from dish.. I'm kind of (actually, significantly more than) miffed....

Quick question is... does anyone have any idea when they will go live with Ceil-2 so we can see if this will help us poor folk out?

As it is now, I can get 129 channels about most of the time.. the only problem is, that "other" time that I don't get signal, usually ruins whatever I'm trying to watch in HD....

Thanks in advance...

Wayne Sagar

Turbo HD only packages for existing?

Using on-screen Customer Service via phone line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts