Cigar smoking on TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you!

How many who posted here are smokers? we know one is a ex smoker, who believes he was healthier smoking.

what about the rest of you?

First there is no need to post the same thing multiple times, we seen it the first time.

Second, this latest post of yours has nothing to do with the argument that TV shows/movies/ads are to blame for children smoking, this is just a red herring.

Not a single person stated that they thought smoking was healthy for you, he merely stated that after he quit, other health issues cropped up (it is a well-known fact people who stop smoking gain weight, and being overweight is bad for you, meaning, if smoking won't kill you, something else certainly will) again you prove the nature of your logic, and how you live in some pretend world devoid of reality.

You scream warnings at phantom bumps in the night.

You are seeing things that are not even there.

You live in a dream world concocted by unprovable fears and imaginary influences.

Like I said before, you and people like you are hopeless, you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

Last edited:
I even said that by no means is smoking healthy... But I do feal that obesity is far more unhealthy than smoking. Although I don't really consider myself obese being 5'8 and currently 205. Yes I am still about 30 - 40 pounds overweight but not obese.

one poster stated they didnt believe smoking causes cancer:( Thats clearly wrong.

smokers are a beleagured group, forced into undesireable locations like outdoors, in freezing weather to feed their addiction, while watching prices climb while new reports of the dangers come out seemingly daily. my concern is discouraging childern, who arent old enough to make a informed decision. Soon it will be illegal in any public place nationwide, and some areas are considering making it child abuse. My wifes a RN, and even some of her friends, nurses themselves are smokers. One day I was taking my mom for cancer treatment and saw the crowd at the hospital door. Upon leaving I turned and asked inside they are trying to cure it, here your trying to get cancer. whats up with this? got dirty looks.

my mom died of cancer shortly thereafter. smoking is on its way to be stomped out, cant happen soon enough for me.

damaged said:
afaik it was NEVER a right to smoke in public, it does NOT show up anywhere in the constitution of the United States, thus showing how 'out of touch' and how much of an alarmist you and those like you, truley are

First of all, I agree that placement of smoking products should not be allowed; I truly hate to be around people who are smoking. That said, if it is presented as something that someone does without plugging a product, there's nothing really wrong with it regardless of how much I may not like it. The simple reality is that some people smoke and it would be silly for the tv and movie industries to act like no one does.

As far as the Constitution is concerned, you need take a look at it and this time read what it says. The Constitution of the United States does not grant ANY rights. The Bill of Rights (the first 10 ammendments) were added to restrict the Federal Government from taking away our rights. We have rights because we are born with them, not because the Constitution grants them to us. Pay particular attention to the 9th ammendment which says, "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. " So, in essence, anything not forbidden by law is within our rights.

Mario

Can we ban automobile commercials? Or how 'bout cars period in any shape or form...unless they are Electric. Cuz lets face it air polution would be impacted greater if people stopped driving cars than if people stopped smoking. Not to mention the added benefit of seeing people walk every where, that would mean that children all over the world would start walking and be healthier therefore Bob wouldnt have to pay for their health problems. So on behalf of Bob Id like to request that everyone stop putting automobiles in movies, tv shows, and commercials.

Please for Bob's sake think of the children

Last edited:
Bob stll hasn't answered my question. What were you waiting to buy while in line and yelling at the clerk for not ckecking IDs of a 30 year-old?

See ya
Tony

actually he said it was a newspaper.

It was half way down post 15

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
Bob stll hasn't answered my question. What were you waiting to buy while in line and yelling at the clerk for not ckecking IDs of a 30 year-old?

See ya
Tony

newspaper, and the peron the clerk didnt check couldnt of been 20. In PA they are supposed to check to 30 something.

I believe putting tobacco smoking in a glamorous way on tv does lead to more I want to be like so ad so.:(

I notice posters here arent answering if they are smokers? My hunch is nearly all are!

Bob Haller said:
newspaper, and the peron the clerk didnt check couldnt of been 20. In PA they are supposed to check to 30 something.

I believe putting tobacco smoking in a glamorous way on tv does lead to more I want to be like so ad so.:(

I notice posters here arent answering if they are smokers? My hunch is nearly all are!

I smoke

In PA you are supposed to check if they look under 27. It is possible that person was a regular customer and had already been checked before. You most likely made an ass out of yourself instead of saving saving anyone from the "tobacco demon". In fact in Pa tobacco "stings" are conducted frequently and in several counties the person who sells the product to a minor can be arrested.

Cigar smoking on TV isn't causing kids to smoke. People like you are. Kids at some age rebel and do things adults tell them they shouldn't do. Acting like a freak in a store is only pushing kids to do it. If you want to make a difference go to your local school and educate kids on the negative heath effects caused by smoking.

Bob Haller said:

So, Saying that, I would guess that Obese people on TV also glamorizes overeating. Would you suggest that only physically fit people should be portrayed ? All McDonald's and Burger King commercials should be pulled? Candy should be banned because it lead to overeating and the government should monitor what we eat?

With that being said... If they make smoking illegal, I will break the law. How could they outlaw smoking when overeating is a way bigger killer. I would like to see people having an outburst like you had, when they see a parent with an obese child. I say mind your own business.

Bob Haller said:

What else does the 'TV' tell you Bob?

Last edited:
I call from the store for effect! It REALLY gets to the clerk who clearly broke the rules! Leads to them doing what they are supposed too. CHECK! No where does it say dont have to check regular customers either!

7-11 warns clerks once then bounces them. a local store bounced a tobacco clerk for the first offense.

adults dont take up smoking, its a kid thing.

joe camel got killed, because he promoted smoking without actively advertising it.

tv advertising needs some additional regulation......

Bob Haller said:
I call from the store for effect! It REALLY gets to the clerk who clearly broke the rules! Leads to them doing what they are supposed too. CHECK! No where does it say dont have to check regular customers either!

7-11 warns clerks once then bounces them. a local store bounced a tobacco clerk for the first offense.

adults dont take up smoking, its a kid thing.

joe camel got killed, because he promoted smoking without actively advertising it.

tv advertising needs some additional regulation......

Seek help Bob.

If you check a customer once and they are over 18, you do not need to check every time.
The law doesn't state that you need to check the ID each time. No where does it state they have to check everytime.

Wow, I am glad you are not my neighbor. Do you sort thru their garbage to make sure they are recycling?
Get a life, and mind your own business.

Last edited:
I noticed you didn't comment on my views on over weight people. Are you over weight?
I think all over weight people should be pulled from TV.

Of course I am joking. That would be ridiculous.

Can you see how you view looks if just put into a different perspective?

Spatch said:
I noticed you didn't comment on my views on over weight people. Are you over weight?
I think all over weight people should be pulled from TV.

Of course I am joking. That would be ridiculous.

Can you see how you view looks if just put into a different perspective?

This guy can't even manage to stay focused on his own original thread topic, I doubt he has the faculties for empathy. It is obvious this guy has some kind of 'do-gooder' psychosis mixed with occasional bouts of selective reasoning.

http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20020326hoverview1.asp

In PA, the clerk is REQUIRED to check age every time! Thats the law!

I will add everyone must eat to live, but no one needs to smoke to survive....

I can remember well some years ago my requests for non smoking areas in restaurants, resulted in responses like we see here.

today those restaurants are smoke free by choice. producers are doing product placement to glamorize a addictive killer habit. thats not good for society....

Last edited:
WHAT WERE YOU BUYING BOB?

I am still waiting for the answer to my question.

Yes food and drink are necessary to live, but some food and some drinks are not requirered and shown to be harmful to you and a drain on our health care resources. What were you buying when you were harrassing the clerk?

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
WHAT WERE YOU BUYING BOB?

I am still waiting for the answer to my question.

Yes food and drink are necessary to live, but some food and some drinks are not requirered and shown to be harmful to you and a drain on our health care resources. What were you buying when you were harrassing the clerk?

See ya
Tony

FOR THE THIRD TIME A NEWSPAPER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)