Cigar smoking on TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, Obviously you arent reading my posts:( Another poster even pointed out that on post 15 I said a newspaper.

Smoking causes decreased blood flow, along with a long list of other troubles.....:(

as some of you know I used to be very obese and had weight loss surgery.

I dont harass clerks I make certain they do their job, and confirm to the law!

Bob Haller said:
http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20020326hoverview1.asp

In PA, the clerk is REQUIRED to check age every time! Thats the law!

I will add everyone must eat to live, but no one needs to smoke to survive....

I can remember well some years ago my requests for non smoking areas in restaurants, resulted in responses like we see here.

today those restaurants are smoke free by choice. producers are doing product placement to glamorize a addictive killer habit. thats not good for society....

Bob what are you smoking?
It is not the law that they have to check every time.
http://wecard.org/Pages/pennsylv.html
It isn't even a law that they have to check. It is just a law that they can not sell to a person under the age of 18.
So before you go harassing a poor cashier that makes under $6.00 an hour check your facts. If you were in my store and you caused a scene like that, I would have to ask you to leave the store.

Spatch said:
Bob what are you smoking?
It is not the law that they have to check every time.
http://wecard.org/Pages/pennsylv.html
It isn't even a law that they have to check. It is just a law that they can not sell to a person under the age of 18.
So before you go harassing a poor cashier that makes under $6.00 an hour check your facts. If you were in my store and you caused a scene like that, I would have to ask you to leave the store.

A couple years ago I worked for a brand new grocery store, who instructed all tobacco employees they were required to check ID EVERY TIME! One store employee got bounced after selling to one of the employees, who wasnt 18, she appered mid 20s to everyone. The fellow who lost his job was a friend.

I took the stock job for exercise, espically needed in the winter. sadly the stores business tanked and they closed. I am looking to do that again and actually enjoyed being part of a group, and liked moving the heavy stuff like pop. most people pay to join health club for exercise, I prefered to get paid too exercise.

job paid little but it was kinda fun

the allegheny county health department also said they must check ID every time. even if personal friend or regular customer, 7-11 says the same thing. Stores seem to be doing better, after repeat offenders were threatened with losing their tobacco licenses!

TNG TONY I WAS BUYING A NEWSPAPER! Since he doesnt look at my answers perhaps repetition will help:) If he asks again I will make it my signature:)

Last edited:
I apologise if any comment I made about weight offended you. I was just trying to prove a point. I had no idea of your surgery.
As you know overeating is as deadly if not more than smoking. It leads to heart disease, diabetes and a plethora of other illness. If the government made unhealthy foods illegal to purchase, Americans would riot in the streets. Ads for unhealthy food are all over the place and no one makes the comparison to tobacco.
I think it would only be fair that if the government wants to watch dog us and prohibit any free American (of age) from buying tobacco products, that they would also do so for alcohol, food and any other ingestible product that could do harm to a person.

Spatch said:
I apologise if any comment I made about weight offended you. I was just trying to prove a point. I had no idea of your surgery.
As you know overeating is as deadly if not more than smoking. It leads to heart disease, diabetes and a plethora of other illness. If the government made unhealthy foods illegal to purchase, Americans would riot in the streets. Ads for unhealthy food are all over the place and no one makes the comparison to tobacco.
I think it would only be fair that if the government wants to watch dog us and prohibit any free American (of age) from buying tobacco products, that they would also do so for alcohol, food and any other ingestible product that could do harm to a person.

No offense taken:) Remember though everyone must eat to live.

Cant say that about smoking! they already heavily tax booze

Theres talk of a extra sales tax on junk food, given the obesity epidemic its just a matter of time. although I doubt it will help.

kids today get so little exercise, too many sit around posting on the net:)

TNG TONY I WAS BUYING A NEWSPAPER!:)

Last edited:
Bob Haller said:
No offense taken:) Remember though everyone must eat to live.

Cant say that about smoking!

Theres talk of a extra sales tax on junk food, given the obesity epidemic its just a matter of time. although I doubt it will help.

kids today get so little exercise, too many sit around posting on the net:)

TNG TONY I WAS BUYING A NEWSPAPER!:)

So Bob now wants to shut down satellite guys because we talk about TV (and kids today watch too much TV) and promote posting. (Isnt this website built on posting)

You can bash the TV moguls all you want for having cigar smoking women displayed..but I think we all take offense when you bad mouth this website!

boston area dtv said:
So Bob now wants to shut down satellite guys because we talk about TV (and kids today watch too much TV) and promote posting. (Isnt this website built on posting)

You can bash the TV moguls all you want for having cigar smoking women displayed..but I think we all take offense when you bad mouth this website!

HO HO HO!

TNG tony has helped me learn font and color:)

Tony I bought a newspaper!

wonder if tony couldnt read this thru the clouds of noxious smoke obscuring the computer screen?

People like Bob want to ban the entire internet, since apparently parents are incapable of having any control whatsoever in what their kids do and how they spend their time, in fact, let's just mandate state enforced sterilization, I mean if they can't take care of their own kids, they should be banned from having kids too!

damaged said:
People like Bob want to ban the entire internet, since apparently parents are incapable of having any control whatsoever in what their kids do and how they spend their time, in fact, let's just mandate state enforced sterilization, I mean if they can't take care of their own kids, they should be banned from having kids too!

I like your signature damaged:) Does it apply to YOU:)

Progress (n.):
The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.

Tony I bought a newspaper:)

So Bob...I think we need to have any occurances of newspaper reading removed from TV!

Do you realize the tonage of newsprint that makes it to landfils. Newsprint does not decompose in modern sanitary landfills. It takes up valuable space. For the most part newsprint is not recycleable and must be disposed of after only a short and mostly unnecessary use.

On the other side of the coin, Think of the forests that must be cut down for this use? Even with efficient use of tree farms, this is a severe depletion of the top soils and natural habitats.

All this only for your selfish need to have a newspaper that prints stories you could have read on line or on the TV the day before.

You are the most environmentally unfriendly person on the planet if you o not agree! Think of the enviromnental costs of your decisions! We must remove all scenes of newspaper reading from TV.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
So Bob...I think we need to have any occurances of newspaper reading removed from TV!

Do you realize the tonage of newsprint that makes it to landfils. Newsprint does not decompose in modern sanitary landfills. It takes up valuable space. For the most part newsprint is not recycleable and must be disposed of after only a short and mostly unnecessary use.

On the other side of the coin, Think of the forests that must be cut down for this use? Even with efficient use of tree farms, this is a severe depletion of the top soils and natural habitats.

All this only for your selfish need to have a newspaper that prints stories you could have read on line or on the TV the day before.

You are the most environmentally unfriendly person on the planet if you o not agree! Think of the enviromnental costs of your decisions! We must remove all scenes of newspaper reading from TV.

See ya
Tony

Oh using the internet or tv is worse, what with global warming, waste of energy, and lack of exercise, sitting around posting.:)

tv would be boring.................................

Just for the record my posts were a lighthearted look at things and I nEVER intentially slammed or attacked anyone. frankly its just not my style!

I did enjoy teasing Tony a bit for missing my explnation of what I bought:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)