Cincinnati Ohio

Trindle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Any Voomers in or around Cincinnati Ohio , if so who installed and what kind of service level are you recieving ? any reception problems, rain fade ect ?

Prostar Digital out of Columbus serves Cleveland area. I wouldn't be surprised if they do Cincinnati too. Check other Ohio threads about this company.

I live in Northern Kentucky about 18 miles south of Cincinnati. My install was done by Kentuckiana Satellite which is based in Louisville (120 miles away!!!!). I am very pleased with Voom as I do get all of the available HD over the air channels (channels 5 (NBC), 9 (ABC), 12 (CBS), 19 (FOX), 48 (PBS), 54 (PBS), and 64 (WB)). I have not really had much issue with rain fade – on Saturday, May 1st we were having some strong storms and the service (satellite only) was out for about 15 minutes. I have not noticed any issues with light or medium rain but its only been fours weeks since my install.

Cincinnati Ohio !! Vooming Baby

Got hooked up 3 days ago and the software d/l took the first night. I LOVE THIS SERVICE. I cant see why people don't like cinema 10 they are all great old movies. No offense but most of you must be under 30 and don't appreciate them, I do.

I have seen no sprites no micro stutters at all, just crisp clear picture.

The only thing I can say negative is that my samsung 1-160 I think it is got all my local channels on a preamp-ed square shooter antenna at 100 % signal strength most of the time but the Voom box can't get my NBC local at all. I don't think it is a mapping problem at all as the other box got it and I have seen a picture every once in a while abit broken up. So I was thinking of trying the stealth to see it changes. But again my samsung got all the channels fine. I wonder if it could be a software issue like the sat strength meter is?

Anyway Voom Rocks !!! buy it, lease it but just get it you won't be disappointed. IMHO.

Congrats! I am a Cleveland Voomer. Ironically, the NBC local here is the only OTA channel that seems to be fine at times and breaks up/pixelates at other times. All the other locals are solid, I am using the Stealth. I dont think I can adjust it much more unless an inch or so makes a big difference?

Does anyone know if slight OTA antenna adjustments can make a big difference?

Congratulations Trindle! Welcome to VOOM!

Thanks Ilya , I have to say I love most of of the service. Most people have a few channels they think are crap but I really like most all of it. Even Moov has changed the format . Now they show landscapes with the music at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts