Cincinnati Ohio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trindle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Any Voomers in or around Cincinnati Ohio , if so who installed and what kind of service level are you recieving ? any reception problems, rain fade ect ?

Prostar Digital out of Columbus serves Cleveland area. I wouldn't be surprised if they do Cincinnati too. Check other Ohio threads about this company.

I live in Northern Kentucky about 18 miles south of Cincinnati. My install was done by Kentuckiana Satellite which is based in Louisville (120 miles away!!!!). I am very pleased with Voom as I do get all of the available HD over the air channels (channels 5 (NBC), 9 (ABC), 12 (CBS), 19 (FOX), 48 (PBS), 54 (PBS), and 64 (WB)). I have not really had much issue with rain fade – on Saturday, May 1st we were having some strong storms and the service (satellite only) was out for about 15 minutes. I have not noticed any issues with light or medium rain but its only been fours weeks since my install.

Cincinnati Ohio !! Vooming Baby

Got hooked up 3 days ago and the software d/l took the first night. I LOVE THIS SERVICE. I cant see why people don't like cinema 10 they are all great old movies. No offense but most of you must be under 30 and don't appreciate them, I do.

I have seen no sprites no micro stutters at all, just crisp clear picture.

The only thing I can say negative is that my samsung 1-160 I think it is got all my local channels on a preamp-ed square shooter antenna at 100 % signal strength most of the time but the Voom box can't get my NBC local at all. I don't think it is a mapping problem at all as the other box got it and I have seen a picture every once in a while abit broken up. So I was thinking of trying the stealth to see it changes. But again my samsung got all the channels fine. I wonder if it could be a software issue like the sat strength meter is?

Anyway Voom Rocks !!! buy it, lease it but just get it you won't be disappointed. IMHO.

Congrats! I am a Cleveland Voomer. Ironically, the NBC local here is the only OTA channel that seems to be fine at times and breaks up/pixelates at other times. All the other locals are solid, I am using the Stealth. I dont think I can adjust it much more unless an inch or so makes a big difference?

Does anyone know if slight OTA antenna adjustments can make a big difference?

Congratulations Trindle! Welcome to VOOM!

Thanks Ilya , I have to say I love most of of the service. Most people have a few channels they think are crap but I really like most all of it. Even Moov has changed the format . Now they show landscapes with the music at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)