Cinemax and HBO Preview is on

According to the Dish website "Free Previews typically become available at 5:00pm ET the day before the listed start date and end at 2:00am ET the day after the listed end date."

So the 11pm eastern time movie should record as long as it is done before 2:00am.

I don't see the free previews on 307-315. My channels jump from 304 to 318 ???!!!
Hey there, BarnRat. We want to make sure you are able to enjoy the free previews before the end date. Chat with us online at https://my.dish.com/support/contact so we can look further into why those channels are missing from your Guide. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Hey there, BarnRat. We want to make sure you are able to enjoy the free previews before the end date. Chat with us online at https://my.dish.com/support/contact so we can look further into why those channels are missing from your Guide. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.
Thank you for the response. I think I'll pass on that -- it's not that important right now. On Jan 4th I will probably pick up HBO and Cinemax as add-on packages. That's when the tech is coming to install a new Hopper 3 and Joey 3 to replace our aging DVR 625s.

But thanks again! :thumbup :)

I note some say No Recording.

image.jpg

I don't see the free previews on 307-315. My channels jump from 304 to 318 ???!!!
Both HBO and Cinemax are broadcasted in HD only, hence why you do not see them at all on your 625’s.

I note some say No Recording.
That is because it is not allowed on channels being streamed over the internet, for HBO 310-313 are satellite and 314-315 are internet streams. Cinemax channels are the same deal, although I don’t remember the numbers for those off of the top of my head it should be pretty obvious if you check the guide and look for the STREAM indicator on the left in place of the usual SD/HD.

Both HBO and Cinemax are broadcasted in HD only, hence why you do not see them at all on your 625’s.
Thank you. :thumbup

Makes sense. When I went to MyDish to see if I could pay for the two ad-ons, HBO and Cinemax, I couldn't because there was a notice there stating "Pending upcoming order." That must be referring to the tech coming to my house a week from Wednesday to install the Hopper 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Recording from streaming channel would be awesome. A technical difficulty? Maybe, I am too spoiled!
Thanks Zippyfrog. I didn't know when it started and ended.

Just wanted to let you know that a member posted above why HBO and Cinemax previews don't show up on my receivers -- because they are broadcast in HD and my old DVR 625s are SD-only. You didn't know this and I didn't tell you, so my bad. :redface:sorry