Cinemax for a penny?

My programming is just locals and no other programming ($6 for that I think). I already have paperless and auto.
I just did the Live Chat and added Cinemax. 1 cent until January 31, 2010.

So I tried calling a CSR and she spent most of the time telling me I need Dish DVR Advantage -- that it would reduce my bill by $5-6. There surely must be a catch and my distrust of the CSR is such that I couldn't say yes. I tried to get back to the Cinemax and she said in a snippy voice "I already added that." and said good bye. So now I wonder if I'm paying for a full Cinemax subscription or not.

I'll search for dvr advantage, but can someone enlighten me?

So I tried calling a CSR and she spent most of the time telling me I need Dish DVR Advantage -- that it would reduce my bill by $5-6. There surely must be a catch and my distrust of the CSR is such that I couldn't say yes. I tried to get back to the Cinemax and she said in a snippy voice "I already added that." and said good bye. So now I wonder if I'm paying for a full Cinemax subscription or not.

If you login to your account tomorrow it should say cinemax for a penny.

I called Dish twice to get the "fine print". Each time, I was given to gentlemen whose command of the English language was lacking. I think they said something about needing to upgrade to include local channels in order to go paperless. That made no sense to me. I called back and the second fellow said the same thing. In addition I think they said I need to commit for another two years. Can any of you folks shed some light on this for me? I am very confused.

I called Dish twice to get the "fine print". Each time, I was given to gentlemen whose command of the English language was lacking. I think they said something about needing to upgrade to include local channels in order to go paperless. That made no sense to me. I called back and the second fellow said the same thing. In addition I think they said I need to commit for another two years. Can any of you folks shed some light on this for me? I am very confused.
Well when I signed up back in Dec. all that I had to do was sign up for credit card autopay and paperless billing. I didn't have to commit to anything else. I didn't have to change my package either and at that time I dont think I had the advantage pack just a basic AT200.

Well when I signed up back in Dec. all that I had to do was sign up for credit card autopay and paperless billing. I didn't have to commit to anything else. I didn't have to change my package either and at that time I dont think I had the advantage pack just a basic AT200.

Oh well, it was a nice idea anyway. As a rule, I don't use credit card autopay on anything (except my XM subscription, since there is no other option). I need to have control of my funds as to when things go out and when they don't. If I have an unexpected expense one month, I don't want to have automatic debits overdrawing me.

Oh well, it was a nice idea anyway. As a rule, I don't use credit card autopay on anything (except my XM subscription, since there is no other option). I need to have control of my funds as to when things go out and when they don't. If I have an unexpected expense one month, I don't want to have automatic debits overdrawing me.
I used to think the same way but they only take it out on the "due date". Also if you have the exta money a week or 2 before the due date and would rather pay it then you can still pay it and then on the due date aslong as you show a 0 balance they won't take anything out of your credit/debit account, so its almost like not even being on CC autopay. Thats what I do.

Checked the web site, I do have the Cinemax for a penny promotion on my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts