Cinemax GO

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I just received an email telling me I am entitled to Cinemax GO as a DISH sub. Isn't this usually reserved for Cinemax subs? does this mean anything?

I am not saying it does. i am honestly asking what this means---if it means anything at all.

Last edited:
Probably a scam. Dish hasn't had HBO or Cinemax for almost two years now. NO WAY would Dish customers have access to either HBO Max or Max Go.

Reactions: DWS44
Maybe I should have been clearer. We ll know that DISH does not have Cinemax. That is why it was surprising. Does this mean anything is in the offing?

HBOGO is no more. You have to download HBOMAX in its place. AT&T sent notices to all it's customers of the end of the service. I believe it ended July 31, 2020...

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe I should have been clearer. We ll know that DISH does not have Cinemax. That is why it was surprising. Does this mean anything is in the offing?
Yes, check the uplink reports later. ;) (I am not saying that anything is actually going to happen. It is just that if anything did happen, it would show up in the uplink reports before anyone here would know about it.)

Reactions: bluegras

I would be suspect as to whether the email really came from Dish. Perhaps it was a phishing scam trying to steal your Dish login credentials. Fake/scam emails often look real enough these days! Did it offer any links wanting you to login to anything for access? If so, probably a good indicator that its phishing.

Reactions: eddie willers
The MaxGo app was retired sometime back, before HBO Max even launched.

That definitely has to be some scam.

There is ‘technically’ still a MaxGo, but you have to use a browser.

I think that Cinemax is on it’s way out as AT&T/Warner moves toward streamlining everything under HBO Max.

For all intents and purposes, Cinemax is back to being just a regular linear channel, with OnDemand on DirecTV/Cable/Streaming Providers.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I tried accessing Max go (not through the email) using DISH credentials. It let em in but then crashed seconds later. I am confused but still skeptical.

Nope, and it was reported in some articles about the then upcoming HBO Max.

What was said was that there would be no more new originals. Since then at least one original is getting a 2nd season.
The ap is gone but you can stream from a pc connected to a tv

Nope, and it was reported in some articles about the then upcoming HBO Max.

What was said was that there would be no more new originals. Since then at least one original is getting a 2nd season.
The " max" in HBOMAX...stood for cinemax I thought

I would be suspect as to whether the email really came from Dish. Perhaps it was a phishing scam trying to steal your Dish login credentials. Fake/scam emails often look real enough these days! Did it offer any links wanting you to login to anything for access? If so, probably a good indicator that its phishing.
Well in that case, Cinemax Go's own website is also phishing: CINEMAX GO®

DISH is still included in the list of providers, and it lets you actually select Dish and try to log in. Upon entering your login information, it comes up with a page asking you to go to mydish.com/programming to upgrade your service, and then log back in to Cinemax Go. Of course, when you go your mydish account, Cinemax is not available as an option to add.

Well in that case, Cinemax Go's own website is also phishing: CINEMAX GO®

DISH is still included in the list of providers, and it lets you actually select Dish and try to log in. Upon entering your login information, it comes up with a page asking you to go to mydish.com/programming to upgrade your service, and then log back in to Cinemax Go. Of course, when you go your mydish account, Cinemax is not available as an option to add.

That is not what I experienced. perhaps it is what you found though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)