Cinemax GO

Enough people thought that to cause a few articles to explain that it didn’t. It was just another naming screwup by AT&T.
I said they discontinued the app for cinemax....not the service just to clarify...but it sure seems like they want to dump it...comcast got rid of it too...replaced it with some theme channels from epix that are not on dish yet but are similar to encore

I probably will...IF they make peace with Amazon and put it up on their 4K Fire Stick. :mad:
You do realize that a simple google search will show easy instructions on how to "side load" both HBOMAX and Peacock onto your Firestick 4K? I did it weeks ago and it works fine as long as you follow the instructions exactly when installing it. Peacock acts more like a normal app but HBOMAX is a little trickier to find. In my experience it's easiest to search for HBO in the main search from the homepage and select it, thus opening HBOMAX if you have it installed.

Reactions: dennispap
You do realize that a simple google search will show easy instructions on how to "side load" both HBOMAX and Peacock onto your Firestick 4K? I did it weeks ago and it works fine as long as you follow the instructions exactly when installing it. Peacock acts more like a normal app but HBOMAX is a little trickier to find. In my experience it's easiest to search for HBO in the main search from the homepage and select it, thus opening HBOMAX if you have it installed.
I will not jailbreak, bit torrent, sideload or do anything I deem illegal or cheating.

That's just the way I roll.

I will not jailbreak, bit torrent, sideload or do anything I deem illegal or cheating.

That's just the way I roll.

I respect that even if I don’t agree. Both HBO Max and Peacock are services you pay for and in my mind I’ll use them on any device I can make them work. So on my FireTV Cube I have all the streaming services I use including Peacock and HBO Max.

I respect that even if I don’t agree. Both HBO Max and Peacock are services you pay for and in my mind I’ll use them on any device I can make them work. So on my FireTV Cube I have all the streaming services I use including Peacock and HBO Max.
I want Amazon to have all the responsibility if I buy an approved app off of their service. If I wanted it so bad, I could get it through my 4K XBox (which I HATE to try and navigate) but I really want all my streaming apps coming through the Firestick.

Doesn't Peacock advertise as free? Or does the free version not work if you "side load" it, so that you have to pay for the upgrade to their paid service?
The premium version is free to comcast customers...its really not worth anything unless you like nbc shows

Peacock has some worthwhile original content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just be patient. CBS said it is going to put the first season of Star Trek Discovery on the fall schedule. If they are doing this with something they specifically made to draw online sales, it won't be long before all the networks give up on this model.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWS44
Just be patient. CBS said it is going to put the first season of Star Trek Discovery on the fall schedule. If they are doing this with something they specifically made to draw online sales, it won't be long before all the networks give up on this model.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not paying for Peacock, I get it with Xfinity. I have enjoyed some of their original content.

They are doing the same thing on the CW, putting Swamp Thing on the fall schedule, which was specifically made for the DC Universe streaming service. This is mostly due to production delays and shutdowns of their regularly-scheduled shows, due to the coronavirus crisis. They had to fill in the fall schedule with something, so it may as well be something that they already had in the can, that has never aired on broadcast TV before. If / when production of the regular shows gets back to "normal" then things will go back to business-as-usual for the shows that are normally only available by streaming.

Reactions: DWS44
Except they are out of product due to the virus. My DVR has fired once for new material in the last six weeks and that was for the three new episodes of Endeavour on Masterpiece.

So I suspect they thought, "Hey....we've got some stuff few people have seen. We'll move it over to broadcast and it will seem "new".

Reactions: DWS44 and pattykay
They are doing the same thing on the CW, putting Swamp Thing on the fall schedule, which was specifically made for the DC Universe streaming service. This is mostly due to production delays and shutdowns of their regularly-scheduled shows, due to the coronavirus crisis. They had to fill in the fall schedule with something, so it may as well be something that they already had in the can, that has never aired on broadcast TV before. If / when production of the regular shows gets back to "normal" then things will go back to business-as-usual for the shows that are normally only available by streaming.
Jinx!....You owe me a Coke!

Except they are out of product due to the virus. My DVR has fired once for new material in the last six weeks and that was for the three new episodes of Endeavour on Masterpiece.

So I suspect they thought, "Hey....we've got some stuff few people have seen. We'll move it over to broadcast and it will seem "new".
Is there an echo in here? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts