Cinemax HD, Starz HD

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
Are there any plans for dish to beam Cinemax or Starz HD... I have the platnium pack and it'd be nice if they had at least one HD channel for each of the main movie channels...

DISH's contract with Starz! expires at the end of March. They are currently in talks with Starz! for a new contract including the carriage of Starz! HD. Starz! is also pitching several other channels but I haven't hear if DISH plans on carrying them.

Last edited:
Bill R said:
DISH's contract with Starz! expires at the end of March. They are currently in talks with Starz! for a new contract including the carriage of Starz! HD. Starz! is also pitching several other channels but I haven't hear if DISH plans on carrying them.

What are the "other" starz channels? There's already a slew of them in the startz / enchore pak.

waltinvt said:
What are the "other" starz channels? There's already a slew of them in the startz / enchore pak.

The new channels that the Starz/Encore group has been pushing recently are the following 3 channels; MoviePlex, IndiePlex, RetroPlex. Comcast just announced recently their new deal with the Starz/Encore group, they will be adding IndiePlex and RetroPlex to their Digital Plus tier latter this year to go along with MoviePlex and all the the Encore theme channels already in the package. In addition to StarzHD, E* could add any of these 3 SD channels and or Starz Comedy. If E* adds 1, 2 or all 3 of the Plex channels they could be added to either AT180 or the Starz pack. MoviePlex just duplicates a different Encore theme channel each day but delayed about 1 hour from the equivalent East feed. Going by what I have read, IndiePlex will have independent films that have done well at the box office, and RetroPlex is just another old movie channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)