Cinemoi coming to Ch 259 Monday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Euro-centric movie channel Cinemoi is set to bow Monday on DirecTV.

Cinemoi will feature vintage and contempo indie pics along with exclusive lifestyle content like backstage footage from Fashion Week, global film fests and original celeb interview series "Stars of the Silver Screen." Cinemoi's DirecTV launch will include broadcast of "Contempt" with Brigitte Bardot and Roman Polanski's "Repulsion" as well as kidvid programming such as "Babar" and "Magic Roundabout."

"Part of our desire is to give visibility to incredible movies, and DirecTV felt our brand would help bring an upscale view to television in general," Daphna Edwards Ziman, prexy of Cinemoi North America, told Variety.

Based in Los Angeles, Cinemoi North America is led by Ziman along with Cinemoi founder Olly Bengough and CEO and former DirecTV exec Rod Sherwood. Cinemoi launched in Europe in May 2009. The Yank rendition has been tailored for American tastes by Ziman and her team. Noreen Harrington aided in the founding of the North American version of the channel.

Cinemoi debuts on DirecTV's channel 259 on Monday and will be available to the satcaster's 20 million subscribers.

Based in Los Angeles, Cinemoi North America is led by Ziman along with Cinemoi founder Olly Bengough and CEO and former DirecTV exec Rod Sherwood.

Maybe that helps explain.

I think this sounds better for On Demand.

Personally, I would much prefer another movie channel than more sports, but if Cinemoi is running the same schedule as it does in France it amounts to about eight different films a week which are repeated as many as ten times and they don't necessarily change the films every week either. I doubt that kind of scheduling would make me a regular viewer.

Personally, I would much prefer another movie channel than more sports, but if Cinemoi is running the same schedule as it does in France it amounts to about eight different films a week which are repeated as many as ten times and they don't necessarily change the films every week either. I doubt that kind of scheduling would make me a regular viewer.

That channle sounds Like what Voom was doing repeating the same show 10 times a day :D :)

Its obviously a downconvert from HD because yesterday when I flipped it on the program was in postage stamp mode

today it looked like seeing it through squinty eyes.....6 inches of black bar on top and bottom of screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts