Cingular Wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolfe

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
TN
I can't stand this company. In my town we had a storm that knocked out a tower. Well they said 2 weeks then it was 1 month and so on. Now Verison has put the tower up. Cingular put a 60' "temp" tower up that does not cover anything. I was told in Oct 03 that if I went to a GSM plan my service would improve. They flat out lied because they have maps that show coverage. Now I am locked in a 2 year contract and can't get out without paying $360. I am so pissed. I have been with them for 9 years. You think they would a customer that has been with them this long better. Today they told me to either pay the $360 and get out or deal with it for 2 years. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Anyone got the email address to the CEO or a # where I might can get something done?

lonewolfe said:
I can't stand this company. In my town we had a storm that knocked out a tower. Well they said 2 weeks then it was 1 month and so on. Now Verison has put the tower up. Cingular put a 60' "temp" tower up that does not cover anything. I was told in Oct 03 that if I went to a GSM plan my service would improve. They flat out lied because they have maps that show coverage. Now I am locked in a 2 year contract and can't get out without paying $360. I am so pissed. I have been with them for 9 years. You think they would a customer that has been with them this long better. Today they told me to either pay the $360 and get out or deal with it for 2 years. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Anyone got the email address to the CEO or a # where I might can get something done?

My wife and I have AT&T's GO phone plan. Honestly this has been the BEST cell service with no dropped calls, no contracts, no credit checks, and the phone service is like a monthly plan. I pay $39.99 a month for 400 anyime minutes and unlimited nights and weekend minutes. It should work with any SIM based cell phone.

I hated cingular. We would get dropped calls out the ying yang.

My beef with Cingular is that they SAY that they support the Handspring 600 Hybrid PDA/Phone which I really want, but they don't offer it for sale (where they give you a credit to upgrade your phone). I don't feel like paying $700 for this phone when I can get it for $399 from Sprint..... (I'm on a corporate plan so I'm locked into Cingular)

You may very well be back with Cingular when their purchase of ATT Wireless is complete. You have noo contract---which isa good thing----but with one you would get 600 minutes and free nights and weekends.

I've had no problems with Cingular around here. Coverage is good, and my GSM phone has improved the service around here. My phone, Nokia 6340, while cheap and basic, has a wonderful battery life and very durable. I used to be a big motorola buyer, but since I've switched to Nokia, I've never had any troubles with it.

I have had Cingular for over 14 years (when they were Cellular One), and I like them pretty much. My Nokia 6340i as stated above is a great basic phone with a real nice car kit (I would never have a phone in a car without handsfree). GSM works quite well, and since Cingular has been in the Boston area for so long, the coverage is very good.

Now people talking on their cell phones holding the phones, that is something that I cannot stand. I will never allow my wife or I to have a handheld phone without some sort of speakerphone, it is simply too dangerous. And do not give me the "I can talk while driving" BS. You have a hand that is holding a phone, and not holding the wheel. I have almost been creamed at least 6 times by people holding phone taking turns where they could not turn the steering wheel because one hand was busy.

Reedl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)