Circuit City HD-DVD/blur-ray prices

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I have not been in the local circuit city in a while, but I was looking for someone that might carry a bigger selection of HD-DVD's than wal-mart.

Looking at the circuit city website, I can't beleive their prices on HD-DVD and blu-ray discs. $28 - $48 for a single movie?

• Circuit City
  • Nacho Libre HD-DVD/BD $39.99
  • You Me and Dupree HD-DVD/BD $39.98
  • Superman Returns HD-DVD/BD $28.99
    Wal-mart
  • Nacho Libre HD-DVD/Bd $19
  • You Me and Dupree HD-DVD/BD $19/$24
  • Superman Returns HD-DVD combo $18.97

My wal-mart prices are the local store in my area, not website. Does CC have lower prices in the store? CC is way out of my way just to stop in and be disappointed.

Target HDDVD $19.99

:D I just left Target
Not a huge selection but HDDVD's are $19.99..Move over Robert.

Fry's and Wal-mart are the best bricks and mortar retailers for pricing. Target is okay pricewise, but their selection is very limited and they don't add new titles very often.

Well, now my local target just setup the HD-DVD/Blu-ray section. WOOO! Prices just like wal-mart and a completely different selection, not a single movie over $25 for either format.

I did make it circuit city this weekend, selection in-store was awful for both formats. I asked to make sure they weren't sold out, CSR said "nope, haven't really sold many of either lately" I laughed and jokily commented on the price and unofficially she agreed and said she has heard that alot lately.

Just another price comparision

Mission impossible 3 instore CC $39 on both formats, at most it was $23.98 at wal-mart or target locally (Blu-ray), $19 on HD-DVD.

Well, now my local target just setup the HD-DVD/Blu-ray section. WOOO! Prices just like wal-mart and a completely different selection, not a single movie over $25 for either format.

I did make it circuit city this weekend, selection in-store was awful for both formats. I asked to make sure they weren't sold out, CSR said "nope, haven't really sold many of either lately" I laughed and jokily commented on the price and unofficially she agreed and said she has heard that alot lately.

Just another price comparision

Mission impossible 3 instore CC $39 on both formats, at most it was $23.98 at wal-mart or target locally (Blu-ray), $19 on HD-DVD.

Online Amazon.com has a great selection of both blu-ray and hddvd at good prices. And it is offering an additional 10% you first buy 3 (or a player or hdtv).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts