Circuit City abandons HD DVD, clearances all players?

Well I too think HD DVD is on the way out, BUT, to play devil's advocate, "clearance" could just mean those particular models of HD DVD players are to be closed out, either by CC alone, or across the board. NOW, if they are not updated to new, current models, then there is the better proof, not simply being on clearance.

Yeah, but... I don't recall any announcements about new models coming out. The prices on CC's web site don't reflect those clearance prices BTW.

I would not call it confirmed, especially without media proof. Plus the fact that ccity online still has them at proper prices.

Who cares! No Body buys at CC anyhow. All the ones in my area shut down. :D

This nobody does:D Never a line to check out and if I order via the web for in store pickup from the Discover site and pay with that card I get 10% cash back on my Discover account.

More FUD... :rolleyes:

You have no idea why those particular machines are on clearance at that particular store.

It's not one particular store. Even die-hard HD DVD guys like Kosty are admitting that the clearance tags are in their store.

Again, I'd like more confirmation - and be specific about where the store is this came from.

This is yet another thread designed to produce fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Please spare us from these in the future without real confirmation or legitimate sources.

This nobody does:D Never a line to check out and if I order via the web for in store pickup from the Discover site and pay with that card I get 10% cash back on my Discover account.

Agree, the BD30 was the first pc of hardware ive bought at best buy in a long time. I ALWAYS look at CCity first.

Again, I'd like more confirmation - and be specific about where the store is this came from.

This is yet another thread designed to produce fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Please spare us from these in the future without real confirmation or legitimate sources.

:up

It's not one particular store. Even die-hard HD DVD guys like Kosty are admitting that the clearance tags are in their store.

At least post the rest of his quote:

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Circuit City puts CLEARANCE TAGS on HD DVD Players

FWIW.

Just went by my local CC.

They indeed have the HD A3 at $100 and the HD A30s at $149 with the clearance tags, but my local manager checked and saw they still have HD DVD items inbound and the stockage and inventory status is unchanged.

His opinion was that it was a market test or an attempt just to move inventory in the slow January sales period.

"Clearance" on the tags does indeed seem unusual.

edit:

I will not be able to talk to my regional CC contacts until Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Two small retailers I just talked to just ordered quite a few HD A3s and HD A30s on Friday afternoon and there was no change in their channel distribution status, just the lower MSRPs with the same points.

Probably would have lasted at least a little longer if:

1. Joon wouldn't have reported people in the thread just because he gets reported for violating their rules (like 'em or not it is their site). Mods start getting reports they just close it.

2. They would have kept on topic and off the PS3 and gaming.

S~

Perhaps CC is just going to make them mail order only? Just clearing them out of the local warehouses and stores. I will have to go check out my CC and see what they have out.

Perhaps CC is just going to make them mail order only? Just clearing them out of the local warehouses and stores. I will have to go check out my CC and see what they have out.

Perhaps they are clearing them out to make room for repackaged players with non warner titles in the box?

S~