Circuit City to close 155 stores....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That only mentioned Atlanta, which someone in another part of the country would gloss right over as it is out of their area.....

This post calls attention that they are closing many stores nationwide, and will probably signal the beginning of the end for them and trigger massive price wars this 4th qtr....

That one was for Atlanta. :)

Surprised they are not closing any of the ones near me. All of them are usually empty when I go inside with more workers then shoppers.

The one they are closing down here in Connecticut is probably one of their busier stores, so I am surprised to see that one go.

The store listed in Macon Georgia was being closed anyway, it is being relocated to a new Mall in another part of town. It's employee's will just move to the new store, it should be open before Thanksgiving, if it's not already open. I'm thinking it was to have opened on October 30, but I haven't been over that way lately?

Was in the Manchester Ct. store this weekend looked they were almost going out of business. Empty shelves, none of the Garmin accessories I was looking for. No one at all in the mobile/car area either in the installation bays or on the floor. Best Buy next door had everything I was looking for.

Um, OK, congratulations.....

Meanwhile, the act of MAYBE closing the stores turned into the actual closing of them....

I think it warranted a new headline. If I've offended the "He posted it first" gods, I apologize....

Here is the List of Which Stores are Closing
List of Circuit City stores closing

Too bad my local 2 stores are closing, I was hoping to get another Home HD Radio Receiver maybe I can get for a steal. After my last experience with best buy, I dont know where I will shop???

My local store in Brick, NJ was spared for now, but Freehold's location is going away. Will they be doing any fire sales, or just transfer product to the other locations?

My local store in Brick, NJ was spared for now, but Freehold's location is going away. Will they be doing any fire sales, or just transfer product to the other locations?

If history is any indicator, they will transfer out the good stuff and bring in the junk they can't unload from any store. Mark it down 30% and wait for the feeding frenzy. :confused:

Meanwhile, the act of MAYBE closing the stores turned into the actual closing of them....

I think it warranted a new headline. If I've offended the "He posted it first" gods, I apologize....
Oh get a sense of humour before someone acuses of being a relative to BH, :p is a smily not a frown.

Hey I could care less who posted first:D

Well, I went to the Roswell GA location today (one of the closing stores). What a waste of time. They have actually increase several prices and then marked 10% off that... For instance at BestBuy you can get this external hard drive for $120.
Western Digital - My Book Essential 500GB External Hard Drive - WDH1U5000N

But the liquidation 10% off price at CC is actually $137. Also note that this same drive has been on sale for $99 several places recently.

I won't be going back.

Well, I went to the Roswell GA location today (one of the closing stores). What a waste of time. They have actually increase several prices and then marked 10% off that... For instance at BestBuy you can get this external hard drive for $120.
Western Digital - My Book Essential 500GB External Hard Drive - WDH1U5000N

But the liquidation 10% off price at CC is actually $137. Also note that this same drive has been on sale for $99 several places recently.

I won't be going back.
Sears is closing a store near me they are doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)