Circular C-band LNB/ LNBF options for Atlantic Sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have a good view of like 15w to 61w in the yard and need to get a circular dish setup to get some of these. I want to start out by getting 40.5w and 22w. The available channels list circular settings. I have a 6 foot dish with a circular dmx242. Is there any particular skew requirement when setting up a circular lnb like this? I am also looking for a circular lnb that will bolt up to the standard 4 bolt feedhorns. If this 6 foot dish won't get the signals I will get them with the bigger dish. I want all of the Atlantic channels possible. I am also negotiating a new 7.5 footer radio shack dish that I hope to be picking up by spring.

Just like a DSS circular, just aim it at the satellite. Don't think there's skew to worry about. Only requirement, I think, is that the dielectric plate is 45° to the probes.
>> I am also looking for a circular lnb that will bolt up to the standard 4 bolt feedhorns<< I don't think you're going to find a circular lnb, but maybe a circular feed horn ADL-RP1-CP300

so would it be easy to stick something in a standard feedhorn throat to make it circular? I am thinking the 6 foot dish should get 40.5w up here in NH. Have you got any of these circular atlantic birds?

You don't have the dielectric plate? (Well, I've lost the one that came with my DMX241 LNBF) Can't see why a 6ft shouldn't work. I've got 53°W only, without using a dielectric plate, so the one TP I get is received on both polarities. I would lose 137 to about 113 if I mod the mount to go further east with the BUD.

I have the plate for my six footer but still haven't got anything with it. I have a 10 foot bud that I can use(not mounted yet) that same lnb on. I would like to get as much as possible with the six footer. There are like 6 satellites+ that I should be able to get from 15w to about 55w and a few of them are circular so I am hyped about this!

I use the corotor II plus wideband with Norsat 8115 and 4106a lnb's I love my circular c-band!

Are these lnb's readily available? what circ sats are you able to pickup up there? I am just a few hours south of you.

I would try an LNBF, less $$ and most of them come with a plate for circular polarity. I have an ESX-241 from one of the forum sponsors, it works well for linear and I would expect it to work for circular with the plate installed. I would like to try for some of those Atlantic satellites too...
-C.

I got mine locally from roger at rps. lnbf would work but thats if you only want circular, I will not be swapping the plate in -40 below hahaha.

I get 3 or 4 birds I think, mostly watch nss-806 and I think int-706 or 05 something?

Why not side mount a second LNBF with the dielectric insert for receiving the circular signals? This way you can have the best of both worlds.... linear and circular C-band reception. Only takes an hour to mount, optimize and then calculate the number of clicks to add or subtract for aiming.

Check out the GEOSATpro C2 LNBF with provided dielectric slab. I am sure that your tests will confirm the comments of other members that not only is it the most heavy duty construction, but it has better performance than any other C-band LNBF on both linear and circular reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)