Cisco ST1520 Tuning Adapter

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
twc sent us 3 of these. it seems we constantly have to reboot them. they will work for a while, then some channels will say "currently unavailable" or just be a grey screen.

anyone else experiencing the same?

What are you using these with for a tuner? I have mine connected to a TIVO Roamio with cable card. If I leave it turned off for awhile, it will tell me the channel is unavailable, but I simply need to do channel down and then up to recover.

What are you using these with for a tuner? I have mine connected to a TIVO Roamio with cable card. If I leave it turned off for awhile, it will tell me the channel is unavailable, but I simply need to do channel down and then up to recover.

yeah, they are all connected to TivoHD w/ cable cards.

it's strange. One one set, ie, channel 106 (discovery) will say unavailable. When we unplug the TA, the channel will start working. We then reconnect the TA and the channel will continue to work until the TA syncs. then it will say unavailable again.

Might be an issue with the TIVO firmware. I had issues with a TIVO premiere and an earlier version of the tuning adapter a few years ago. Had to reboot daily. But since reconnected, neither the Roamio or the older Premiere have given me issues beyond the occasional switch channel one.

The tuning adapter has 2 states for each physical channel. It sounds like yours is getting held in the active state. Instead of a full reboot, you could try unplugging and replugging the USB cable. But a better suggestion is to work with TWC on the issue. Forget the local office and the installers. TWC has set up a number for cable card and tuning adapter issues. They seem to actually know the product and have been helpful in the past. I have had better luck with this group than with the TIVO level 2 support. Their direct number is (866) 532-2598

Might be an issue with the TIVO firmware. I had issues with a TIVO premiere and an earlier version of the tuning adapter a few years ago. Had to reboot daily. But since reconnected, neither the Roamio or the older Premiere have given me issues beyond the occasional switch channel one.

The tuning adapter has 2 states for each physical channel. It sounds like yours is getting held in the active state. Instead of a full reboot, you could try unplugging and replugging the USB cable. But a better suggestion is to work with TWC on the issue. Forget the local office and the installers. TWC has set up a number for cable card and tuning adapter issues. They seem to actually know the product and have been helpful in the past. I have had better luck with this group than with the TIVO level 2 support. Their direct number is (866) 532-2598

always use chat support. it's the easiest and they are always knowledgeable.

they sent a re-authorization the other day, and it corrected 1 of the boxes. 2 continue to give this issue. it doesn't bother us much, considering none of the main channels we watch are effected.

if it becomes too much of an issue, we will just disregard the tuning adapter and stick with just the cable cards, lol. that works flawlessly.

I recommended the cable card support line because these folks are trained on the TIVO box. They have succeeded where others have failed. If chat works for you, that's great. Best of luck with the other 2.

I recommended the cable card support line because these folks are trained on the TIVO box. They have succeeded where others have failed. If chat works for you, that's great. Best of luck with the other 2.

thanks.

have called cable card support and they were great. knew exactly what was going on.

Reactions: jayn_j
well, we have one tuning adapter that is still giving problems.

2 work perfect, bit one continues to show DAVIC:? under the RF statistics. We have already replaced the line going to it, and that has not helped. twc sent a re-authorization, and we watched it say "waiting respon" but still never showed "connected" like the others. most of the channels work, but there are still a few that say "currently unavailable" or are just a grey screen.

exchanged the TA that kept showing DAVIC:? under the RF statistics, and all is well now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts