Citadel stations off Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Looks like Directv and Citadel couldnt get to an agreement so the stations are pulled

They only have 2 stations (they own a 3rd but its low powered and not carried on D*)
KLKN ABC Lincoln, NE
WLNE ABC Providence, RI

What is ironic is the Lincoln/Hastings/Grand Island market is so big there is actually TWO different ABC's in the market (different owners) so folks there still have ABC (via KHGI Kearney/Grand Island)

from northpine.com

ABC affiliate KLKN/8 (Lincoln) was due to leave DirecTV due to a retransmission consent dispute at midnight Oct. 17/18. Due to the unusual situation of two separately-owned ABC affiliates existing in the Lincoln-Tri Cities market, DirecTV customers still have access to ABC programming from KHGI/13 (Kearney);

Looks like Directv and Citadel couldnt get to an agreement so the stations are pulled

They only have 2 stations (they own a 3rd but its low powered and not carried on D*)
KLKN ABC Lincoln, NE
WLNE ABC Providence, RI

What is ironic is the Lincoln/Hastings/Grand Island market is so big there is actually TWO different ABC's in the market (different owners) so folks there still have ABC (via KHGI Kearney/Grand Island)

from northpine.com

ABC affiliate KLKN/8 (Lincoln) was due to leave DirecTV due to a retransmission consent dispute at midnight Oct. 17/18. Due to the unusual situation of two separately-owned ABC affiliates existing in the Lincoln-Tri Cities market, DirecTV customers still have access to ABC programming from KHGI/13 (Kearney);

That kind messes with the bargaining process when theres already another station carrying the shows available :)

Looks like I got my antenna and AM21 hooked up just in time.Not that 6 in Prov, carries anything different than 5 in Boston. WLNE in Prov is pretty much a low power station too, at least it is the only Prov channel I have to actually try and get where all the others come in fine. I never understood why/how LNE got the abc affiliate away from wpri which has a much larger broadcast area.

I'm in Lincoln. Channel 8 is now carrying the Channel 13 feed out of Kearney. Channel 13 had the same dispute at this time two years ago, and the station was off air for almost a week I think, and I seem to remember reading almost exactly the same reason then. At least I don't have to reset my timers. It just seems so odd that Lincoln is in the same DMA as Kearney/Hastings when Kearney is 135 miles and Omaha is only 50. I wish we could get the Omaha stations.

Kind of crazy when there are two stations available. How the heck do you negotiate with that disadvantage. Good for D* wish more areas were like that.

It just seems so odd that Lincoln is in the same DMA as Kearney/Hastings when Kearney is 135 miles and Omaha is only 50. I wish we could get the Omaha stations.

you're right...it is screwed up. Has to do with the fact there are 2 stations that cover both "markets" (the GI/Hastings/Kearney and Lincoln)

KOLN/KGIN is officially part of the Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney television market, but this market has little basis in television reality and is only fully realized on the local satellite feeds. KOLN/KGIN and Fox affiliate KFXL-TV are the only full-power stations shared by the entire market

Getting sick of the BS with it being off DTV. According to KLKN (yes, I know they're biased but so is DTV), they've sent a new proposal and DTV has said "we'll get around to looking at it eventually". Luckily I have an antenna and with KHGI I'm not missing any of my recordings, but it's a PITA to have to switch to antenna to watch the local news.

I'm giving this until after 11/1 and then I might have to get nasty with DTV. Two weeks (by then) is long enough for both parties to act like adults.

looks like they kissed and made up as KLKN was noted as being back last night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts