Clark Howard fires DishNetwork.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DawgDeputy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Grayson, Ga
Just saw this on consumer advocate Clark Howard's web site. Apparently he got called by the auditors. Here is a link to his story of the encounter. It may not have been the best idea to get on his bad side. He has a lot of listeners.

Clark explains why he fired Dish Network on clarkhoward.com

I have seen posts here from others here that have experienced similar issues. SO far I have never been called by the auditors but then I only have 2 boxes and both are connected.

The Nazi team doing their thing. This should be illegal.

This is what I like best about the article.

It's kind of shocking to think that Dish made a strong showing in the last American Customer Satisfaction Index, especially when you consider their antics here. But it just serves to underscore a key lesson: You must vote with your feet and your wallet if you're not being treated right by a company.

LoL

Does DIRECTV have a dept like this?

Just saw this on consumer advocate Clark Howard's web site. Apparently he got called by the auditors. Here is a link to his story of the encounter. It may not have been the best idea to get on his bad side. He has a lot of listeners.

Clark explains why he fired Dish Network on clarkhoward.com

I have seen posts here from others here that have experienced similar issues. SO far I have never been called by the auditors but then I only have 2 boxes and both are connected.

Question who is Clark Howard never heard of him?

Dish NUTwork is a national advertiser during the saturday HLN clark howard show broadcast, he has no problem taking their money but they seem to have a problem wanting his! DDDCs~

Also haven't they dropped the whole requirement for a connection now since they got rid of tv2 fees? Now they just charge everybody as if they are criminals with their new criminal additional receiver fees.

Question who is Clark Howard never heard of him?
He does a national radio show on helping consumers deal with issues from big companies.

Believe me, I understand why the audit department does what they do, but the way it's done is so anti consumer that it does more harm then good.

I would LOVE to talk to Clark Howard about this more.

Dish is working HARD to commit suicide, or at minimum causing LOTS of churn..

Wonder what E will say as this all hits the fan?

So true. I got tired of DISH's antics and fired them last month. Good riddance is all I can say ! :mad:

Yeap. Me too. 12 years, beta tester, worked directly with a VP of engineering on issues, too bad. They have lost it this year since February.

S~

Yeap. Me too. 12 years, beta tester, worked directly with a VP of engineering on issues, too bad. They have lost it this year since February.

S~

Yep me too a 13 year sub, a one time insider , who would of stayed but that 30 buck february increase was over the top. I even got a VIP pass to E 6, and the launch banner has my name on it at HQ. It wwas nice meeting charlie, he appeared a nice guy.

Today I would read him the riot act@!!!!

My brother was a big looser I was going to set up my slinbox for him and family in phoenix.

and GEE did I do a lot of beta testing for E:(

Ckark Howard is a consumer advocate with a syndicated radio talk show that can be heard across the country. He is based out of WSB in Atlanta. He also does consumer spots on CNN.
More than just spots, he has 1/2 hr shows back-to-back on Sat. and Sun. at various times. I record them and listen to them when I can. Lots of repeats however. Those shows supposedly originate from his radio studio so I believe a lot of what you see is him talking to his radio call-ins.

But I find his advice for the most part spot-on. I have even invested in one fund he recommended, hope that one is a winner...!

Actually - I'm a little surprised Clark has ANY pay TV, being the "cheaper is better" advocate he is! I'd expect him to have only OTA with occasional trips to Redbox...when he has a coupon! (IIRC he mentioned Netflix on one show...)

Last edited:
Yes, as I've said in other threads many people have Cell only.... most of the time the phone on my account (my wifes) isn't at home so if they call it for one she is not the account holder, next she's not home..... so at this point they can't do a damn thing about it!!! If they do I'll have a lawyer on them quicker than they can hang up their phone. This sort of thing has to stop and they have to recognize the changes people have for communication.

Note that you worked with EchoStar, not Dish Network.

A few years back, EchoStar and Dish Network split into two companies. The engineering people are still at EchoStar, while Dish Network seems to have acquired a number of "suits" with 21st Century "us versus them" mentality (where "them" includes the customers as well as the competitors).

Note that you worked with EchoStar, not Dish Network.

A few years back, EchoStar and Dish Network split into two companies. The engineering people are still at EchoStar, while Dish Network seems to have acquired a number of "suits" with 21st Century "us versus them" mentality (where "them" includes the customers as well as the competitors).

One company while I worked with them. They may be separate now, but they are not totally apart. Everyone still has the same e-mail address. A call from an E* VP in engineering will still get you what you need from dishnetwork. I chose not to go that way. And I do have many Dishnetwork contacts.

S~

I had ONE active receiver on my account and their Audit Department still called me almost every month. The guy that did it was really rude and disrespectful. It's one of the main reasons I dumped Dish after 10 years.

Charlie knows about this issue. At the Team Summit Satguys meeting that Scott setup a couple of years ago, Charlie asked me why I wasn't with Dish anymore. I told him one big reason was the treatment I received by the Audit Department. He obviously doesn't care.

I love it. I'm hope that this gets back to Charlie. It is absurd that these people treat customers this way. I think this audit department needs a good shake-up.

Some people, you give them a badge or a little authority and it goes to their head, and rather than be a solution they become a problem and end up hurting those they are supposed to be serving:(

E appears to taken over by beancounters who are in a all out war against subs, THEIR CUSTOMERS:(

Companies sometimes forget they are there to serve the customer and make a profit.......

This change f direction will inmpact Es bottom line and ultimately discourage new business:)

Then charlie will HAVE to address the issues.

Unless he is preping the company for sale bumping up the numbers and doesnt care about long term anything.

I feel bad for the dealers, ultimately Es screwing up will hurt them badly:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts