Clark Howard says don't pay!

I gladly pay for all my ESPN's, FX, SyFy, History, Discovery, TLC, Food, HGTV, Spike, Speed, NFL Network, etc...

I tried OTA only, and got many channels, but it's not as hot as you make it out to be. Not an option for anyone who actually likes sports.

If the Food Channel, Documentary Channel and Military Channel are so important to you, then by all means, spend $49.99 per month to satisfy your HD appetite. Nice to see some are doing well in this recession.

I'm actually doing really poorly in this recession. Can't go out much. Make small sacrifices to pay for TV. Would love to go to free TV, but it's not worth studying Spanish or becoming a fundamentalist for . Make sure you let me know when there's something other than Spanish/Religious programming available OTA in my area, since you know so damned much about what's best for all of us.

I'm actually doing really poorly in this recession. Make sure you let me know when there's something other than Spanish/Religious programming available OTA in my area, since you know so damned much about what's best for all of us.

Never professed to know what was best for anyone. Everyone has their own reception quality and interests, such as Military or Sports. I was just showing others what I did without having to sign on to Dish, as well as what Clark Howard said. Best of luck to all.
I'm thinking that a la carte will be an option in the future.

Back when we only had like 5 to 10 channels I thought it would be great to have over 100 channels. But look at what we get. A watered down product. We have way to many channels with not much on most of the time. I have talked to my wife about pulling the plug on Satellite. I could take that $80 a month and buy blu ray disc. At least I could sell them if I needed the money.

As for what people are watching I'm finding out from the people I talk to they aren't watching the news. No local or national news. I don't blame them. It's tough enough and watching the news makes it more depressing.

I do wish we had a choice of channels we wanted.

I gladly pay for all my ESPN's, FX, SyFy, History, Discovery, TLC, Food, HGTV, Spike, Speed, NFL Network, etc...

I tried OTA only, and got many channels, but it's not as hot as you make it out to be. Not an option for anyone who actually likes sports.

Sports are the deal killer for me as well, otherwise I would drop everything except the internet and Netflix as there is plenty to watch amongst the two.

This is precisely the reason I will probably cling to HD Absolute forever if possible.

I pay a VERY low price for ESPN-HD, ESPN2-HD, NFL-HD, CBSC-HD, VS-HD NHL-HD, NBA-HD and many more.

Why would I EVER switch to another package when I'd probebly pay 3X the price and MAYBE get the same sports channels.

I don't get my RSN, but the Astros, Rangers and whomever the basketball teams would be (not a big NBA fan) pails in comparison to what I can already see.

I would like to get the college games carried on my RSN, but I can live without it for $70 a month savings, I could pay about $40 per month and get my RSN in HD on local cable since it is in the basic HD package.

In the Fall and Spring, the majority of mine and my wife's weekend entertainment are Blu-rays, shows like 24, CSI and Lost, and sports. I do not mind spending the $75/mo when you break it out into entertainment value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)