Class Action Lawsuit against Dish for Dropping Voom?

Voom did not remove themselves.

He meant that they removed themselves by allowing their programming quality to go down the tank. If you work for an employer and just stop doing your job and slacking off you will probably get fired. Voom got fired.

Only a fool wouldn't see this coming. Those of us with even the smallest amount of intelligence who had Dish and watched any Voom knew that Dish went downhill beginning in November of 2007. We have been talking about this for months. Of course Dish dropped it.

Maybe Voom had a valid reason for shooting itself in the foot. Maybe they couldn't afford the programming and thought they could get away with 2 movies looped all day. But they couldn't.

Voom removed themselves!

Why is this thread still going?

Because people have more things to say. No more no less.

As for the arguments about broadcasters not showing enough HD: I am sure it was similar when TV makers began selling color TV's. The world of television didnt suddenly become colorized. It took time.

All Dish really won in court against VOOM is not being forced to continue in the VOOM contract until the VOOM lawsuit was concluded, which could be years. VOOM failed to prove that they were likely to win such a suit, so the judge ruled that VOOM could not have a restraining order enforcing the contract until suit outcome.

VOOM could continue the suit and win it, it is possible. But, the question of course is what condition VOOM will be in 3-5 years from now when a suit is likely to be finished and having worked through appeals?

Subs on the other hand are up against very tried and tested language that Dish has spent many years and many lawsuits perfecting in the end user agreement. You are always free to sue, but it is probably a very small chance of winning, your total claim would probably just be the amount of the early termination. Finding a class of people that decided to pay the early termination fee because of VOOM would probably be hard to do, because if the subs continued with Dish and did not early terminate and suffer damages what basis do they have to join this class action suit?

If you want to hurt Dish the most drop service down to minimum or early terminate. Or perhaps take them to small claims court, maybe you will win and not have to pay the termination fee.

Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks!

Voom is over............ Get over it OP. Your lawsuit will go nowhere and you need to get a life for buying a $2000 TV primarily for Voom.

The thread goes on!

While I can understand how upset and disappointed you are with the change in the channel line up, I would suggest that you either wait it out and hope DISH improves with whatever plans they have i nthe future or simply buy out your contract and move on to someone else.

At the end oof the day, that would be your easier bet. And like many have said before, your contract states that they can and may do exactly what they did with VOOM.

Goodluck.

Too many words?

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks!

Voom is over............ Get over it OP. Your lawsuit will go nowhere and you need to get a life for buying a $2000 TV primarily for Voom.

The thread goes on!

Man this was a highly intelligent reply. :haha:haha:haha

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks!

The thread goes on!

You must be like 10 years old.

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks!

The thread goes on!

Intellegence at its best!

If the "original" Voom ever comes back, I already saw it!!!!
Everything was 2 or 3 years old.

That's why they are gone!!! Nothing new!!!
Charlie got tired of repeats.

fred

Voom Sucks! Voom Sucks!

Voom Sucks!

The thread goes on!

Please..................how old are you? :eek:

I really would like to know

Man this was a highly intelligent reply. :haha:haha:haha

As intelligent as thinking that you can sue Dish for changing its programming lineup.

So, basically, that post to you is stupid, the original post in this thread, is equally as stupid to the rest of us.

I see no difference.

I don't like the fact that Dish removed Voom, but to say a lawsuit on this matter would be frivolous is an understatement. Instead of making lawyers rich, those unhappy with this move should consider voting with their wallet and doing what I did - cancel Dish and take your business elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)