Class Action Lawsuit against Dish for Dropping Voom?

Yes you do. And you can join the ranks of the four or five remaining Baby Voomers. But you DON'T have grounds for a suit. Don't be a Drama Queen.

Your just a hater. There are posts on avs and dbstalk from people unhappy about this change. Open your eyes. You might not like it but have some sympathy for people that did. You can't tell me that you couldn't find something to watch on Voom- only 15 themed channels (BS).

Last edited:
Speaking in those terms, overall your water wasn't shut off, your water pressure was reduced from what it used to be. Would it be worth it to sue because of slightly lower water pressure?

"Punitive damages...I don't know, sue everybody...I was initially hurt with words, and then I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off."

Sending the less in-demand channels only when someone tunes to it. Frees up/lets them juggle bandwidth better.

Thanks. I knew about this, but all I knew was that it affected CableCard people. I didn't know the technical issues.

Still, I don't get it. In a huge city, wouldn't there pretty much be SOMEONE tuned to every channel at most/all times?

Heres why I am curious as to why neither side has said anything. I checked multiple Forums and web sites and the Majority of the people are mad that Voom is gone, how could Dish not want to try to work out getting Voom back because there are enough people who want atleast some of it back? I guess I am trying to stay positive but who knows what will happen, I know that Voom will die without Dish or another provider picking them up.

My guess is that within a few weeks a cable company or satellite company will see this great opportunity and offer the hugely popular and requested HD Suite. Just be patient!;)
Patient ? VOOM Network channels have been "available" for many years and who's picked them up ? VOOM themselves, Dish, and .... Cablevision (they own VOOM, by the way).

The "original" TechTV wasn't even TechTV. What was it...ZDNet or ZDTV?

Yes your correct. Back in the day the channel was originally owned by Ziff Davis. It got its TechTV name a few years latter. The content of the channel like the shows and hots stayed the same. Where as when it turned in to that stupid G4 everything turned to video gaming and all elements of Technology where lost. The only show that is still left on the network is X-Play. The original shows that people actually watched like "Call for Help" and "The Screen Savers" where all lost when the channel changed.

Just wanted to clarify. Sorry for the off topic-ness.

Many people are upset about the loss of Voom why does it upset some of you that we are using a Forum to talk about how we feel with others who feel the same way. If you dont like it thats fine you have the right to voice that opinion but dont bash people who dont agree with you.

Heres why I am curious as to why neither side has said anything. I checked multiple Forums and web sites and the Majority of the people are mad that Voom is gone, how could Dish not want to try to work out getting Voom back because there are enough people who want atleast some of it back? I guess I am trying to stay positive but who knows what will happen, I know that Voom will die without Dish or another provider picking them up.

Well, that's the $64,000 question:

Exactly what is "enough" to Dish Network??

Patient ? VOOM Network channels have been "available" for many years and who's picked them up ? VOOM themselves, Dish, and .... Cablevision (they own VOOM, by the way).

My guess is that his post was ajoke.

Many people are upset about the loss of Voom why does it upset some of you that we are using a Forum to talk about how we feel with others who feel the same way. If you dont like it thats fine you have the right to voice that opinion but dont bash people who dont agree with you.

Bashing is working both ways. It dies not make it right bit it is the case.

Possibly the worst thread of the week.

No, it is the funniest thread of the day.

People need to open a door and take a walk outside sometimes.

OMGZ THEY TOOKEN AWAY MY HD CHANNELS, I DESERVE THEM, I HAVE THEM COMING TO ME!!!11 CALL A LAWYERZ!!!!1one

:rolleyes:

I would hate to see some of your kids.

davelip 75-If you just signed an agreement, try to get out of it. If they won't let you,then pay the penalty and go elsewhere. My 18 month comm is up 8 Aug. If they don't restore at least some of the VOOM stations(MONSTER HD more specifically), then I'll take the 100+ dollars I spend with DISH and go elswhere:up

I think a lot of people are more or less waiting to see what happens before they make any decisions to leave. If MonstersHD doesnt come back or goes to another network I will go there.

Are you people from an Orwell novel?

How am I an idiot or hater. Why the hell do I have an HD TV if 50% of the content being shown on the HD channels IS NOT HD? The point of all this is Dish Network is screwing US the customer, by giving us commercial riddled crap that isn't even HD. I don't hear anybody mention that, other than I am a moron and why would I sue the cable company? I would not be in it for any monetary issues. I don't like lawyers more than anybody else, but when a big corporation like Echostar tries to screw over the little guy, its usually a lawyer that makes them wake up!

I am not interested in money or getting something on the cheap. What I am interested in is getting true quality HD 1080i programming that is unique and not some jibber jabber talking head news crap. For christ sakes CNBC HD channel shows Paid programming after midnight! Can anybody out there tell me that Voom did not show HD programming at 4am that I could set my DVR to record? Can anybody tell me what is new and unique for HD programming that is on CNBC, The Weather Channel, ESPN News? We have been royally screwed and anybody who is happy with what we've been given is either an employee of Dish or doesn't care what's on TV. I DO. I never watched TV before I decided to upgrade to Dish HD, which is why I feel so passionately about this issue.

I've had Dish for over 2 years, watching their SD programming, now that I have an HD receiver, I want HD broadcast programming. Why would anybody be against my argument in calling Dish Network on the fact that they pulled 75% of their 1080i Hi-Def programming with no notice to their customers. The take it or leave it way they went about this is what is unacceptable. Its unacceptable that I am entered into a 2 year contract with them that I cannot get out of without paying a fee.

How am I a moron? I would think that if anything, a class action lawsuit would bring about some policies so that if they do decide to cut programming, that its replaced with something of a simliar quality and nature with some NOTICE to the consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)