Classic Dish HD (or the lack there of)

thbjr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Called Dish tonight to see why our RSN D-Backs game was in the SD program guide as a 6:30 start (first pitch was at 6:40) but the HD coverage wouldn't start untill 7:00 (see first picture). To my amazment, when I got to 2nd tier tech support, the gal told me after checking, that it was a band width issue, so they couldn't start broadcasting it until 7. It was the first time I'd ever heard anyone at Dish admit what we've all known about why the RSN are part time HD.
So 7:00 comes and goes and still no HD picture. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:
It's now 7:40 and I'm still checking the score on the SD side.

So every home game this year, that starts at 6:40, only gets HD coverage starting at 7:00, about midway through the 2nd inning.

Just briliant, Charlie.

Thanks guys, for letting me vent while I watch this stunningly blurry SD picture.

Tom

Attachments

• Photo076.jpg
    Photo076.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo077.jpg
    Photo077.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 221
Well, well, they must have finally gotten enough band width freed up. The game just came on the HD side of FSArizona. Only a hour and 4 minutes after the program guide sais it would and 1hr 24 minutes after the first pitch.

Dish part time HD really is stinky on the RSN's.

Tom

Thought we did enough of these threads with goaliebob.

It is the way it is. It is not changing for a while. If this is a must for you, Direct is a better choice.

Watching Red Sox vs Orioles in glorious SD on NESN. Listings for NESN-HD do not show the game at all. I wonder if it'll still switch over at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)