Classic Dish Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

its4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Boulder County Colorado
Three weeks ago on March 2nd, I called and requested to upgrade a leased 522 DVR to a 622 DVR. An install was scheduled for March 17th. On the evening of March 6th, someone called and said there was a problem with the order (something about my credit card not being billed) and the install was rescheduled for March 22 (today) between the hours of noon and 5pm.

I took 5 hours off of work today to wait for the installer (I get paid hourly so I lost wages because of this). At 5:05 pm the installers had still not shown up so I called and was told that they were still planning on doing the install. At 8:10 pm the installers finally showed up and wanted to do the install - in the dark - and 1 hour before my wife and I usually retire !!!!

Needless to say I wouldn't let them get up on my roof or in the attic in the dark and told them it would have to be rescheduled. I had to call Dish again to reschedule the appointment since their dispatch office had closed for the evening. When I called I was told the soonest it could be re-scheduled for was Thursday April 6th (again between noon and 5pm).

I explained to the CSR that I shouldn't have to wait another two weeks since it wasn't my fault that today's install couldn't be completed. I asked to speak to supervisors, etc to try to get the install scheduled sooner but no sucess in doing so.

I am already angry that the 942 receiver I bought last year can't decode mpeg4 signals. I've lost 5 hours of wages, and have to wait an additional two weeks and take another 5 hours off for a total of 10 hours of lost wages.

I've been a customer for about 5 years and don't remember ever having service this bad.

webbydude said:
Kind of curious as to why the installers needed to work on your dish. If it was a matter of swapping a 522 for a 622, shouldn't have all your work been inside?
522 to 622. SD to HD. Dish 500 to Dish 1000. Maybe.

I think I needed a dish 1000 to receive the HD Denver locals so they needed to swap the dish 500 with a dish 1000, add an LNB and replace some switches in the attic...

As an update, I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com explaining my frustrustration with the situation and received a prompt reply from Natalie, who somehow pulled some strings and was able to offer me an earlier install appt (This Sunday, March 26th). Although it doesn't remedy the lost time/wages, it does assuage some of the anger I was feeling towards Dish. It shows that sometimes they do try to make things right...

Last edited:
hey i just wonder was it dish instaler or contractor? Usualy whit dish if instaler runs behine dispacher start calling custumers to tell them about problems tech runs behind .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts