Classic Dish Service

its4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Boulder County Colorado
Three weeks ago on March 2nd, I called and requested to upgrade a leased 522 DVR to a 622 DVR. An install was scheduled for March 17th. On the evening of March 6th, someone called and said there was a problem with the order (something about my credit card not being billed) and the install was rescheduled for March 22 (today) between the hours of noon and 5pm.

I took 5 hours off of work today to wait for the installer (I get paid hourly so I lost wages because of this). At 5:05 pm the installers had still not shown up so I called and was told that they were still planning on doing the install. At 8:10 pm the installers finally showed up and wanted to do the install - in the dark - and 1 hour before my wife and I usually retire !!!!

Needless to say I wouldn't let them get up on my roof or in the attic in the dark and told them it would have to be rescheduled. I had to call Dish again to reschedule the appointment since their dispatch office had closed for the evening. When I called I was told the soonest it could be re-scheduled for was Thursday April 6th (again between noon and 5pm).

I explained to the CSR that I shouldn't have to wait another two weeks since it wasn't my fault that today's install couldn't be completed. I asked to speak to supervisors, etc to try to get the install scheduled sooner but no sucess in doing so.

I am already angry that the 942 receiver I bought last year can't decode mpeg4 signals. I've lost 5 hours of wages, and have to wait an additional two weeks and take another 5 hours off for a total of 10 hours of lost wages.

I've been a customer for about 5 years and don't remember ever having service this bad.

webbydude said:
Kind of curious as to why the installers needed to work on your dish. If it was a matter of swapping a 522 for a 622, shouldn't have all your work been inside?
522 to 622. SD to HD. Dish 500 to Dish 1000. Maybe.

I think I needed a dish 1000 to receive the HD Denver locals so they needed to swap the dish 500 with a dish 1000, add an LNB and replace some switches in the attic...

As an update, I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com explaining my frustrustration with the situation and received a prompt reply from Natalie, who somehow pulled some strings and was able to offer me an earlier install appt (This Sunday, March 26th). Although it doesn't remedy the lost time/wages, it does assuage some of the anger I was feeling towards Dish. It shows that sometimes they do try to make things right...

Last edited:
hey i just wonder was it dish instaler or contractor? Usualy whit dish if instaler runs behine dispacher start calling custumers to tell them about problems tech runs behind .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)