Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I bought a couple of receivers [ pansat 2500 & viewsat 2000 ] at a flea market. They both do appear to have hack ka-ka on them. Where & how can I put them back to factory original , as well as update the satellite list . I am giving them to a couple of my brothers , they , as well as I , do enjoy RTV . as well as other sats. . I got some time on my hands , having moved to northern Ontario. Thanks for any help. :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much about what firmware is on these older units. They are incapable of theft of services, so the question is...... "Do they Scan the satellites and save the channels properly?"

The Pansat has a channel editor that you can use to update the satellite list. Not sure what is available for the Viewsat. The Pansat would be a great candidate for a SD fixed or motorized system and would do well with frequent scanning, but the Viewsat would be best used on a fixed dish with a programmed channel list.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I have even figured out how to do it . I'm just wondering why , when , I try to download it , I get the 2nd attempt to download message . [ on my first try ] ? Thanks for the info. , and , the speedy reply .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)