Clear line of sight

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
I am getting a dish network dish and Ive Run into a problem with getting a clear line of sight, would this be a problem or would this be fine as I’m not using to view tv, however I am using it to download guide data and receiver software
5CDD3A26-56EC-410D-A650-8F4FE3139C6C.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Install one of the satellite locator apps that use augmented reality to overlay the sats on your camera view to see whether you have a shot or not. The free Winegard app is one that works well for me:

I am, it’s for sats 62.5 and 72, so it is eastern arc and it’s going to have to be through the leaves so I’m probably gonna to either cut them down myself(risk of injury) or wait untill winter or when the leaves fall out.
I know, the elevation is 44 and skew is 58 and azimuth is 136. Also I haven’t received the dish yet but I do have the back assembly lnb and solo node, just waiting for arm and reflector to arrive
If your smartphone has a compass (mine doesn't), I cannot emphasize enough what NYDutch said above. Get that AR app on your phone and see if you can move the base of your dish around so that it has a clear LOS to 72.7. 136? What zip are you in?

Reactions: charlesrshell
What would be the sky view if you put the dish on top of the building in the left of the picture. If you fear penetrating the roof above living area (leaks) there are non-penetrating mounts that can be simply laid on top of the roof with mild weights that hold it on place.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but 1 I’m afraid of heights, 2. I don’t know where to look for one that is super cheap, 3 The cables I have that go from the lnb to the solo node aren’t long enough.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but 1 I’m afraid of heights, 2. I don’t know where to look for one that is super cheap, 3 The cables I have that go from the lnb to the solo node aren’t long enough.
The Solo Node can be mounted right at the dish so only one coax is needed for the run to the receiver. The one in the photo has been in use since 2013.

2018-07-10 09.51.21.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)